Who here actually owns a neo aes/cd/mvs?

Baseley09 said:
Sure im still rocking my release NGCD.

One of the best consoles ever, in my top 3 must be.

thats cool! I agree.... it is definitely one of the best consoles ever made.

I am still surprised the Neo CD gets the rep it does though.
Its a superb system.

†B†V† :hat

I own a Japanese AES unit, a Japanese top-loader Neo CD unit, a US Neo Geo Pocket Colour (Crystal) and the last revision of the !Arcade! Phantom 1 Convertor (MVS to AES).

Here we go! :lol

I'm the proud (an broke) owner of:

Neo Geo AES (US version, #48675), bought in 1992
Neo Geo CD (Japanese top-loader version, #423), bought in 1994
Neo Geo Pocket (Color version, #647986), bought in 2001
Neo Geo MVS (MV-2F version, #499443), bought in 2004
Hyper Neo Geo 64 (Rev.1 version, #990), bought in 2005

Neo-Geo AES JPN mega mod with s-vid, stereo, LED light, and UniBios 2.0
Neo-Geo MVS Consolized MV-1F w/S-vid, stereo, and UniBios 2.0
Neo-Geo CD US region switch mod
Neo-Geo Pocket Color US - Stone Blue
Neo-Geo Slimline Pocket Color JPN - Crystal Blue

I currently have:

1 JPN AES factory stock
1 JPN AES with the mega mod with s-vid, stereo, red LED light and the debug bios
1 JPN CD toploader which I got from Bluevoodu which was way too nice to mod so its staying stock
1 JPN region modded top loader
2 slot MV-2F painted black mounted on a black base
supergun built by D-Lite which has the Neobitz board plus a ton of other stuff.

Well, I am just nwo getting back a NGCD Frontloader and next week I will own a Mega Mod Neo Geo AES! I plan on starting to collect for this awesome system once my AES arrives!

GAMEFAN

I could cry just thinking about my poor top loader.  :'( And what the heck was I thinking in the last 3 posts.  ::) Edit: Scratch that, this entire thread. ::D

Well, I haven't been a Neo fan for a real long time, but I do own a Japanese AES with a custom phantom-1 converter, a Japanese NGCD and a ngpc. They still don't get the attention my dreamcast does, but with a bunch of new games on the way, that may change soon.

welcome to the boards Circa! Please enjoy your stay and we hope to see you around! :)

Bv :hat

NeoLord said:
The SNES was capable of producing better screen resolutions after all. Games like Street Fighter II and Final Fight almost mirrored the arcade versions perfectly, especially when graphics were concerned.

No, the SNES has a lower screen resolution than any of the Neo Geo systems.

The SNES is 256x224 with 16 - 16 color palettes (8 for the screen and 8 for the sprites), and it only has 64k VRAM.
The Neo Geo is 320x224 with 256 - 16 color palettes (The Neo Geo uses sprites for everything). The most limited Neo Geo system (Neo Geo CD) has 512k of VRAM.

And, the SNES can do a maximum of 3 planes of graphics, but not all planes can use 16 color tiles. (Only two can be used, if both use 16 color tiles).
The Neo Geo can easily to 2 or 3 planes with 16 color tiles each.

The 68000 in the Neo Geo performs a lot better than the 65816 chip in the SNES, and has 16 bit access instead of 8 bit for the 65816.

The only advantage the SNES has is Mode 7. The Neo Geo can do the scaling, but not the rotation.

I have:

Neo Geo CD Top Loader, Japan
Neo Geo CD Front Loader, US(?)
Neo Geo CDZ, Japan
Neo Geo AES, US
Neo Geo MVS 1 Slot, Japan, in an arcade cabinet. I also have the control panel, but it won't fit in my cabinet.
Neo Geo Pocket Color

CD toploader, Jap
AES, Jap
MVS 1 slot
Pocket Color

The monitor in my arcade cabinent is finally starting to go out. I've got the brightness adjusted all the way up but it's still really dark. Anyone had to have their monitor fixed yet?

Excellent point

cdoty said:
No, the SNES has a lower screen resolution than any of the Neo Geo systems.

The SNES is 256x224 with 16 - 16 color palettes (8 for the screen and 8 for the sprites), and it only has 64k VRAM.
The Neo Geo is 320x224 with 256 - 16 color palettes (The Neo Geo uses sprites for everything). The most limited Neo Geo system (Neo Geo CD) has 512k of VRAM.

And, the SNES can do a maximum of 3 planes of graphics, but not all planes can use 16 color tiles. (Only two can be used, if both use 16 color tiles).
The Neo Geo can easily to 2 or 3 planes with 16 color tiles each.

The 68000 in the Neo Geo performs a lot better than the 65816 chip in the SNES, and has 16 bit access instead of 8 bit for the 65816.

The only advantage the SNES has is Mode 7. The Neo Geo can do the scaling, but not the rotation.

I own a AES and CD Top loader.

Getting a MVS cabinet very soon though, well that's the plan anyways.

Got a load of NGPC's too. Badass handheld!!!! ;)

Hmmmm... as long as I've been around here, I have never noticed this thread. Maybe it is because I mostly go to the NEo Geo CD section of the forums.
I have a top loader NG CD and two NGPC. Wishing in a dream I had the AES. :(