Super Mario Kart anyone?

Joined Feb 2011
654 Posts | 0+
Michigan
Hey, i was wondering if anyone else still plays their Super Mario Kart on their SNES? i play it from time to time when i visit my sis at her place or if we go to our folks house and she brings it. my favorite character is Toad. i am awesome when i play as him!

I just played this the other day

though I played it through the Wii Virtual Console, I still actually have my SNES (model 2, too!) hooked up right beside the Wii (I was simply too lazy to go find the cart itself)

also, a year or two ago, in a goodwill store, I found a copy of it for $2. that was virtually a steal

I used to pick Koopa Troopa, who I think is Toad's equivalent? he had great handling

now I pick DK Jr. or Bowser because they seem to have the highest top speeds, and getting used to their controls is not horrible

the only thing I struggle with is the timing at the beginning of the race - you know, to get the super boost. I need to practice that a little more

excellent game though; I love the ghost tracks the best

yeah bowser and DK Jr. have a lot of push with them, they can push other racers out of the way pretty easily. believe it or not though, Yoshi and Princess have the highest top speed. i prefer Koopa Troopa and Yoshi.