What is Currently in your Xbox 360?

OverRun doesn't seem that similar to Horde mode, either. I would say that Survival mode is a closer replacement, and even that isn't as good. I like the Scout and Medic abilities, and some of the Engineer stuff, but I miss in Horde mode that anyone could build and repair fortifications as long as it was between waves.

Since I had bought Judgment used, I took it back and got Bioshock Infinite, which so far is pretty good. I'll probably get Judgment again when it goes down in price. It just doesn't feel like a $60 game to me.

Mai Valentine said:
OverRun doesn't seem that similar to Horde mode, either. I would say that Survival mode is a closer replacement, and even that isn't as good. I like the Scout and Medic abilities, and some of the Engineer stuff, but I miss in Horde mode that anyone could build and repair fortifications as long as it was between waves.

Since I had bought Judgment used, I took it back and got Bioshock Infinite, which so far is pretty good. I'll probably get Judgment again when it goes down in price. It just doesn't feel like a $60 game to me.

Okay, thanks for that. I think I'll stick with the other 3 gears of war games for now. I agree it's not worth the money at the moment especially since its still between $100 or $90 dollars here still.
Iv seen the bio shock infinite, what are your thoughts on that? :)

P.S sorry for all the questions. :)

Bioshock Infinite...so far it's pretty good, but as far as I know, the part of the game that makes everyone go "This is game of the year for sure" is the end, and I'm not there yet. I'll have to get back to you on that. :lol

Comparing Infinite to the original Bioshock, I definitely think the characters are more interesting and easier to relate to in some ways. I guess because there are two of them and they have conversations throughout the game, you kind of get to know them better.

I think it breaks immersion a little that Booker just picks up bottles and drinks them to acquire Vigors, similar to injecting yourself with the powers with needles in Bioshock. Like, what exactly compels the character to do that? That's not something a person just does ordinarily. "Hey let me pick up this needle and inject myself." The Vigors are slightly less jarring because it's ingested via drinking from fancy looking bottles (maybe Booker is an alcoholic and the bottles make him think they are awesome alcohol?) but it's still one of the minor things that has bugged me in Bioshock and still bugs me in Infinite. I say minor though because there's a lot of other suspend-your-disbelief concepts and I just roll with those because hey it's a video game after all. :lol

I can say that from what I've played, Bioshock Infinite is worth the money.

Awesome, thanks. :) really appreciate the in depth description of the game. Gives me a lot to think about. I think I really need to give this new bioshock a go and also tomb raider. One question though, are you playing both these games on console or Pc? Because game play can vary from Pc to console. Some games are better on pc than console and vice versa. :) just curious.

That is true, some things that happen in games can make you wonder why, but like you said you have to keep in mind after all it is a video game and not real life, even though some games try to be as real life as possible which doesn't always work, depending on the game. :)

Thanks for your help. Greatly appreciated. :D

I'm playing both on the 360. I don't actually think that affects much, besides graphics. But both games still look great on the 360.

I actually finished Bioshock Infinite today, and I have to say I was disappointed a little. The twist in the ending was pretty neat but I'm reminded a little of M. Knight Shamalan movies, where Sixth Sense was really amazing but after you know that he likes plot twists, you kind of expect them. Overall I feel it doesn't live up to Bioshock. It's still a great game, though.

Gears of War...

256px-Gears_of_War.png
8) 8) 8) 8)

Mai Valentine said:
I'm playing both on the 360. I don't actually think that affects much, besides graphics. But both games still look great on the 360.

I actually finished Bioshock Infinite today, and I have to say I was disappointed a little. The twist in the ending was pretty neat but I'm reminded a little of M. Knight Shamalan movies, where Sixth Sense was really amazing but after you know that he likes plot twists, you kind of expect them. Overall I feel it doesn't live up to Bioshock. It's still a great game, though.

Awesome, thanks. I just thought I'd ask, some people are thingy about games on console vs pc. Which in some older games they were better on pc but new games it doesn't make much difference, well not to me at least. :)
I will still give it a go and see for myself. :)

Arizvega said:
Gears of War...

256px-Gears_of_War.png
8) 8) 8) 8)

As for this gears of war post, I'd have to agree. :)

mass effect 2 - huge 360 backlog - and getting worse with prices dropping since new money pit is out

I think I said this last year but grind your girlfriend is awesome. Most women in my life spend their time trying to dissuade video game and video game related activities; having an enabler is awesome!

Besides Halo 3, she also bought "me" Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles for the PSP.

Then she told me that I had to go buy a PSP........

She's sneaky like that.

I find myself starting to do that with my kids. Chloe is only 6 so its more difficult but we have every mario platformer and lego game. I can't wait until I can buy "her" stuff like Zelda

Probably FFXIII-2. I still need to finish the Requiem of the Goddess DLC. Hoping to get that done before Lightning Returns comes out.

I really need to buy FFXIII-2. I predicted earlier this year that the supply in local stores would drop to a minimum after this holiday season; I was right. I can barely find a copy locally. I might have to use Amazon to score a copy.

From what I have seen in reviews, FFXIII-2 fixed the complaints that people had about FFXIII, so I was strongly considering just skipping to the second game. Any thoughts on that?

You could do that, but XIII-2 does reference FFXIII a lot, so some things won't make sense without knowing the history behind it. Although you could probably just read up on it to be honest. Or watch youtubes of the cutscenes. :lol

Doesn't matter, locally both games are completely sold out. As I predicted, the supply has dried up entirely!