Xbox 720 Details leaked. Xbox World Magazine is reveal the NextGen next month.

Joined Nov 2012
1 Posts | 0+
Hey so I've been reading a lot about this over the past months, but I think I've stumbled on something solid here. It seems as though photos or mockups have been released regarding the new Xbox720. Take a look and let me know what you guys think, pictures are available and the new look look a bit off.

The December issue of Xbox World Magazine will have a full feature on the Xbox 720.

The dev kits have already been used and is said to have a CPU with “four hardware cores, each divided into four logical cores.” It will also have 8 GB of RAM, Kinect 2.0, Television output and input, directional audio, and best of all Augmented Reality.

xbox-720-official-xbox-world-magazine.jpg

The photos are based on leaks and small bits of information gathered from industry sources. This may not be the final look, but it is the closest thing to it. The console name will most likely be simply “Xbox” without the 720 attached to it. Augmented Reality is supposedly to be added later in the console life cycle but it’s definitely something to look forward to...

Source, check it out:
http://www.at7addak.com/en/Articles/226466/News/Xbox360/Xbox-720-Details

I realize this guy is probably posting garbage to promote some other interest but this piqued my interest....

a CPU with “four hardware cores, each divided into four logical cores.”

Sounds like Microsoft bridging the gap between current processing paradigms and an efficient cell processor.

right righ, I know the ps3 has a cell processor, but its tech thats ahead of its time. Think fuel injection on a 57 chevrolet. It was available, and worked - but it was basically 8 one barrel carburators. 35 years or so later the dream was realized and implement in the proper steps (carburator, multiple carburators, TBI, fuel injection)

Though it would just seem asthetic, the casing will not have flat surfaces like that mock-up. After so many problems with damage due to drinks spilling into the systems, Nintendo started implimenting non-flat surfaces on the Super NES and Super Famicom systems. With exception of the Playstation 2, which was designed to sit either flat or vertical, most modern systems have avoided the flat top surface.

Any info about whether it would have backwards compatibility? I'm already feeling silly about just buying the 360 when this new thing is coming out soon.