Phantasy Star Universe

Joined Jul 2004
1K Posts | 1+
Bmount
At least a year ago I purchased a lot of ps2 games from $1.00 to $2.00 each (about 20 different titles) that were disc only. When I got home I put everything in sleeves and shelved with the rest of my ps2 games. I completely forgot about this lost stash until yesterday when I found them dusting. Aching to try a slim ps2 that someone gave me at a yard sale I thumbed through the stack and found Phantasy Star Universe.

I've been a fan of the series since the SMS and the DC's Phantasy Star Online was awesome but this one kinda sucks. I bet it would have been a little better in its heyday with the online component but the $9.99 / month would have gotten to be too much for what the game is.

The story was interesting enough but everything else from gameplay to the backgrounds seemed recycled from PSO glory days. Its just generally an incredibly "meh" game.

There's still about 20 games left to try out, Arc the Lad, Bard's Tale, Rune, Viking Warlord, Orphen Scion of Sorcery, McFarlane's Evil Prophecy, Rygar all being games I've not played on the PS2 but look interesting, so I remain hopeful that the stack isn't a complete waste.

I remember playing Rygar and really enjoying the game. Always wanted Arc the lad but never found it locally. That is all I recognize out of the titles you have listed.

I loved rygar on the nes I just could never beat the last boss. I hope it's similar, if not I'm ebaying a copy