Status
Closed
Joined May 2004
13K Posts | 1+
Indiana
Lets make our official Battle.net room:
op gameaddiction
original, eh?

Whenever you make a channel.... make a gameaddicts channel... or whenever you are on bnet, try to join the channel and see if anyone is there.
lets see if we can get a good presence in that room :)

I am there a lot, or playing in games: Gameadd
or gameaddicts

what do you think about that idea?

†B†V† :hat

an idea, if you do happen to do that, you might be able to get a bot to moderate it.. that way you can add an op in front of the channel name, and have the character modding it called game addicts.. so the channel would be like op gameaddicts

that way you have the option of banning people and such from it in case trouble starts in it

are bots ok to use in bnet? IE they do not mind?

AND the channel would have to be called:
op gameaddicts
?

If bnet doesn't mind... how do I get one? and how do we use it?

bots that modify gameplay, are not.. but i don't think they mind channel moderators

and im not really sure, you'd have to look it up, but i've seen them

and yep, that would be the channel

We have received many complaints about people abusing their right to use a bot on Battle.net. The most common problems were bots spamming chat channels, and the use of bots to "steal" private channels. Blizzard feels strongly about this issue. If the need for further action should arise, Blizzard will take additional steps to ensure the integrity of the Battle.net community and to ensure that Battle.net is a fun experience for our users, not a frustrating one.

does this sound like they allow us to or not?

are we "stealing" a private channel using a bot. In essence... yes.... I think

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=battle.net+channel+moderator+bots

that's all i can think of ATM :-\

:lol

not on THEIR server :)
its their server, their property...etc... I am entitled to nothing really.

:) but maybe we can use it :)

BV

i know......it was just my opinion.........i bet noone else that would go into that room would say "Hey, i own a site called gameaddicts".....or whatever......well, not like anyone would go in there anyway :)

an idea, if you do happen to do that, you might be able to get a bot to moderate it.. that way you can add an op in front of the channel name, and have the character modding it called game addicts.. so the channel would be like op gameaddicts

that way you have the option of banning people and such from it in case trouble starts in it

see bv, even pliknon agrees with me, lol :lol

Clan channels - Clan channels are specialized Private channels. Each Clan channel has a specific Clan Operator. The Clan Operator will always gain Operator status when he enters his Clan channel, and no other account can become Operator unless the channel's current Operator designates him. If a channel's Clan Operator leaves his channel without designating someone, then the channel will have no Operator until the Clan Operator returns. We wanted to draw a distinction between the user-operated channels available in our previous games and the more robust Clan Channel system that has been implemented in Warcraft III. For this reason, we have changed the terminology of these channels. User-operated channels that were previously known as "clan channels" have remained unchanged in functionality, but are now more accurately referred to as User Operated or Op channels. Op Channels are available to users of StarCraft, Brood War, Diablo II, Lord of Destruction, and Warcraft II: BNE.

isnt that basically what were doing?

argh... :lol

I don't know :-\

um... did blizzard contact you back?

not yet.........im looking up more articles, heres one (although i dont understand most of it), it seems its legal

What are you doing about Bots?
We have recently added a channel restriction to telnet and chat-client connections to Battle.net - such connections are now limited to the following three chat channels: Blizzard Tech Support, Open Tech Support, and Public Chat. The last channel is a new channel specifically created for the telnet user.

Battle.net is also limiting the channels that Diablo, Diablo Shareware and StarCraft Shareware can enter. These applications may interact within their own channels and are also able to access our support channels. The Battle.net team has taken this step in order to reduce the amount of extraneous text generated by abusers of the Battle.net service. We anticipate that this will make for a more enjoyable gaming experience.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused some telnet and chat users, but we believe this recent change will improve the overall experience of chatting on Battle.net. In addition, we do have plans to add more features to Battle.net, especially with new games, which will allow Battle.net users and clans to better communicate with each other.

We have received many complaints about people abusing their right to use a bot on Battle.net. The most common problems were bots spamming chat channels, and the use of bots to "steal" private channels. Blizzard feels strongly about this issue. If the need for further action should arise, Blizzard will take additional steps to ensure the integrity of the Battle.net community and to ensure that Battle.net is a fun experience for our users, not a frustrating one.

As we continue in our efforts to make Battle.net the best online gaming and chatting service possible, we urge players to periodically check the Battle.net web site http://www.battle.net for news and updates, and to post feedback on the Battle.net forums

yeah... I read that article on there as well (btw... when you post an article, please leave a link as well :lol .... just for reference)
*unless the link doesn't follow the rules..etc *

anyway, that is an older article I believe (from the way they are talking) .... so I am not sure if it applies to bots in the current situation.... I think they are talking about spamming bots that spam web addy's, crap, etc.

lol ok........everything ive read so far leads to allowing us to use it though, so it looks ok apparently, just waiting for the email to see what they say

if you register the name GameAddicts, op GameAddicts should be your channel because you would be the moderator of it.....so i dont see why you wouldnt be able to do that.......

cool... sounds like its a go.. time to work on the bot.. AND to see if we can get it running on the webserver, full time :) I doubt that though.

We might just have to have 1 person running it all the time.... or whoever is on it most.

BV

After my router setup is fixed, I could have one of my comps run the bot full time and still be able to play if.

thats not a bad idea... IE we can each have to bot.... and in case someone is not online, someone else can run it.

the room is op egameadd

Anyway.... I was thinking of having my old laptop run it all the time.

I found out... once I have a dedicated server in the future (expensive.. $400-500 per month) I will be able to run this from my webserver :D
but thats a long way off at this time.

BV

actually.. I am going to be changing our op name..... at least trying to :)

I'll post up the new one soon.

has anyone been in the op egameadd besides mastermario and I?

you could make it op [GameAddicts] or just put like parenthesis or something in there somewhere to make it look better

Status
Closed