Does Anyone own a Hyper 64?

Joined May 2004
13K Posts | 1+
Indiana
Who owns one... and besides the 3d difference... how do the games compare to the original 24 bit games?

Post it up :)

BV :hat

Unfortunately i don't own one. And to be honest i like the old MVS games more then the new 64 games.

I used to own a revision 2 board w/all four fighting games.

Cool system,the games were all great (yeah,all four of them). It's a shame that SNK didn't give it a chance to show off its 2-D capabilities.

BIG-

I finally got my HNG64 with Buriki One yesterday :D :D :D :D :D :D

Unfortunately it's a Rev.1, so the SuperGun I use for MVS does not help me with sound, as sperakers output on a HNG64 is not on the JAMMA connector but in a separate cable, which I haven't figured out yet where to connect.... :'(

Anyway, the game looks really, REALLY cool (too bad it doesn't sound cool... :-\), it's something really different from the classic SNK 2D games, but also from all other 3D games I've seen!

OK, I finally managed to have the sound wired too, so I can now really enjot my HNG64. Buriki One is absolutely great! It's so accurate and well realized that I can't even call it a fighting game like the ones we know... it's a sports game! Every martial art is super-dateailed and perfectly realized... and the matches (especially VS ones) are intense and need a lot of skill and timing, just like real martial arts matches.

A HNG64 is worth owning only for this one, superb game!

The system was very nice IMO. I really enjoyed playing FFWA. The first SS was awesome too! I will ahve to track down a Rev 2 board soon.

GAMEFAN

I recently got interested in the Hyper 64 system. There's been a few on EBay for a decent price. I haven't bought one yet though.

It does seem to have decent a 2D system, from looking at the MAME sources.

I bought up a Mobo with 3 games (Samurai Shodown / Fatal Fury and some other one I can't remember) on eBay for £35 the other day but the seller cancelled the transaction before it could even be paid for. Was a little gutted and a tad relieved. I had no idea what I was going to do with it when it arrived. I have no Jamma cab. I have a MAME cab, buts that's as useful as nothing at all with a HNG64 mobo. :p