True Fantasy Dead, Offline

Joined Jun 2004
11K Posts | 0+
Georgia
XBOX loses its MMORPG

In the latest "Microsoft canceling incredibly good-looking games" news, the company has scuppered plans to publish its XBOX MMO, True Fantasy Live Online, in both Japan and the United States. The game, which was playable at last September's Tokyo Game Show, was conspicuous in its absence from E3 2004. In a statement, MS cited development's lack of progress as the cause. Level 5, the game's developer, continues to work on Dragon Warrior VIII for Square Enix and an unnamed project for Sony.

Source: August 2004 GMR

I was looking forward to this game, too.

Hey,
Yup, I heard about this a while back, I was gonna post but I didn't think anyone else was looking forward to this game. It's pretty sad too when you think of the amazing skills that Level 5{the developers} have. I suggest if anybody wants a taste of Level 5's magic to pick up Dark cloud 2 for the Ps2. Top quality developers I tell ya' and its a darn shame this one got canned. For all I know they {microsoft} canceled Psychonauts too..........

P.S I just have a slight hunch that the unnamed game Level 5 is working on is Dark cloud 3......