EGM-"Developers smile at Xbox 2"

x2

Joined Jun 2004
6K Posts | 0+
Minnesota
Hey,
Got my EGM yesterday and in the rumor section I found a nice little bit of news.

Quoted directly from EGM #182 pg51-

"It wouldn't be a real rumor section if I didn't have some Xbox 2 gossip to report, so here goes: My sources tell me that Microsoft has already started sending out development kits for its next system, and so far, the people who make the games you play are mightily impressed with the machine's capabilities. And listen to this: Someone from a very, very, very large publisher was caught saying he believes that, when the dust settles, Microsoft will come out on top in the next console war. Didja hear that, Sony?"

From the screens I have seen I am impressed as well. The mystery here is what publisher that person is from who said MS will come out on top.....Either way, this is good news guys!!

x2 said:
Hey,
   Got my EGM yesterday and in the rumor section I found a nice little bit of news.

Quoted directly from EGM #182 pg51-

"It wouldn't be a real rumor section if I didn't have some Xbox 2 gossip to report, so here goes: My sources tell me that Microsoft has already started sending out development kits for its next system, and so far, the people who make the games you play are mightily impressed with the machine's capabilities. And listen to this: Someone from a very, very, very large publisher was caught saying he believes that, when the dust settles, Microsoft will come out on top in the next console war. Didja hear that, Sony?"

From the screens I have seen I am impressed as well. The mystery here is what publisher that person is from who said MS will come out on top.....Either way, this is good news guys!!

I'll believe it when I see it.

We hear stuff like this to hype up the system.... all the time. Its just natural for every system.

†B†V† :hat

The system is not even done being developed for... so tons of the dev. stuff could be pulled.

the system launch is still a while away...

Its cool to hear rumors like this... but do not believe them too much.

Hey,
BV I know this, but I truly trust EGM and there "rumors" are 90-95% true. I don't see why you are so negative towards Xbox and Xbox 2 BV, why can't you just face the fact that Nintendo is not the only name in gaming? I am not being hostile or negative toward you but I just don't understand. It's like you have some personal vendetta against any name other than Nintendo. I could be like that too since I have been with Nintendo since day one, but why would I deprive myself of the fun and enjoyment that other games/consoles can bring?

x2 said:
Hey,
   BV I know this, but I truly trust EGM and there "rumors" are 90-95% true. I don't see why you are so negative towards Xbox and Xbox 2 BV, why can't you just face the fact that Nintendo is not the only name in gaming? I am not being hostile or negative toward you but I just don't understand. It's like you have some personal vendetta against any name other than Nintendo. I could be like that too since I have been with Nintendo since day one, but why would I deprive myself of the fun and enjoyment that other games/consoles can bring?

I am board with the other systems.  plain and simple.  I have played the Ps2.... and the Xbox.... and nothing really interests me.  Yeah... halo is cool to play, but I like it better on the PC.  I don't have a problem upgrading my PC to play the better version on there.... AND most of the games on the Xbox do come out to the PC. 

I will admit... I love Midtown madness (an actual Microsoft made game).... but I have it on the PC.  I want my console as a console... nothing more, nothing less.
Online play or not.....  I don't care about a harddrive, DVD player, having the best graphics...... tons of adult games....etc.

I WANT FUN GAMES... games that are well made and not rushed.  (Something 3rd party companies... EXCEPT A FEW, cannot get right)

My vision of fun is not on the other systems. 

I guess I do have a personal vendetta to see the other systems get knocked out.  IF Nintendo goes out of the console race... then I won't buy another console... I'll just invest in the PC.  I started on the PC in 1983, and I can end on the PC as well :)

Don't get me wrong.  There are good games for every system.  But I guess I don't care.  I have 70+ gamecube games... and that is where my money goes.

I know you are not attacking me :lol  :p  I just don't think there are enough loyal fans.  If fans would have stayed with the Cube and voiced their opinions... they'll eventually get what they want.

Hey,
Nice answer!!! I think that settles that now :p...I'm glad you understood that that wasn't a personal attack or anything, I just wanted your reasoning for not caring much for the other consoles.

Halo is not the only great game for Xbox. Plenty of Xbox only games exist.....but why list them, since someone will just say "They are just games with action in them, so nobody cares."

Yeah, but alot of people dismiss the Xbox as a system with nothing but shooters and fighters. It has quite a few great games in other genres, like TOCA Race Driver 1 and 2, XSN Sports games, KOTOR, Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance 1 and 2, Elder Scrolls 3 The Morrowind, PSO, Full Spectrum Warrior, Fusion Frenzy, Puyo Pop, and Tetris just to name a few. The Xbox has plenty to offer, it just has strong points in action games.

Xbox exclusives really don't intrigue me that much. The only one that actually made me want to rent a system just to play was Ninja Gaiden, but that's really not a game to rent, that's a game you can only really enjoy once you buy it. Although Fable and Conker might change my mind about Xbox exclusives.

TOCA Race Driver 1 and 2, XSN Sports games, KOTOR, Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance 1 and 2, Elder Scrolls 3 The Morrowind, PSO, Full Spectrum Warrior, Fusion Frenzy, Puyo Pop, and Tetris just to name a few

while those are good games.... you can get near all of those on the PC... or other systems as well.

I do not like the PSO Xbox build..... you HAVE to have a live account to play it..... they cool extras in the cube one are not there either.... along with the downloadable GBA games.

Elderscrolls 3 (YUCK) I had it for the PC... I played it for 30 minutes... then uninstalled it. It just wasn't my game.
Baldurs gate 1/2 - 1 on cube, 1/2 on pc.
XSN... why? there are EA sports.
Race Drive 1/2 - I wouldn't mind trying those out.

Kotor is cool
FSW.... PC version rules all... I'm there.
Tetris and Puyo Pop - cube as well

Fusion Frenzy? haven't tried that yet.

MM's right... its just a personal opinion.

There are Microsoft products that I will not live without... IE the Microsoft intellimouse explorer rules all (IMO). I like Microsoft's OS's.

Hey,
I can see both sides of this argument....I do understand what BV says about Xbox being a mini pc but for me thats ok cause my pc is a piece. I actually kinda think it's cool that the xbox can play such massive pc games like morrowind and crimson skies, and if your playing on an xbox with a phillips or samsung drive it will play as good or better than "most" pc's. I also believe that the Xbox was geared towards FPS's, Driving games, and sports games, but like Nintendo who wanted to change there image of being kiddie, I believe xbox is trying to expand it's game library to appeal to more gamers. For example look at the upcoming titles, Fable, Jade empire, Sudeki, Kameo, Kotor 2, I will take the hint that MS realized the box needed more rpg's and action/adventure games. I also think people don't look at the xbox because it lacks "big name titles" so to speak, but actually there is a ton of good games that people simply do not know about. Most casuals look at the xbox and think, Kotor, Ninja Gaiden and Halo, but in reality the thing has ALOT more to offer, you just have to look harder.........