Joined Jun 2009
70 Posts | 0+
We have 11 days left before the Nintendo Gamecube turns 8 years old! (JP Release: 9/14/2001)
If you forgot the date of the Nintendo Gamecube's 8th Anniversary, it is September 14th 2009 which is two months before the 8th birthday of the Gamecube's US Launch. I can celebrate this on September 13th at 11:00 AM ET where it'll already be September 14th at Midnight in Japan.

8 years dang! I really love the Cube. It's one of the better consoles in my opinion. If only it had more 3rd party support to match the stellar 1st party titles on it it might have really taken off. Or, can you imagine if RE4 had came out early in the consoles life and people could have seen what the little thing was really capable of?

Solid Jake said:
This is it! The Nintendo Gamecube has just turned 8 years old now.
Wait... not is it :lol

MAN... time flies. I loved the Gamecube... such a great system... though not many will agree.

The launch line-up was awesome... and IMO it was Nintendo's comeback system... even thought developers didn't take it seriously.

If you were a Gamecube fan, post it up!

†B†V† :hat

It has now been 13 years. I am so glad that I can play the Game Cube games on my Wii. It saves space. But now the Wii has bitten the dust. And at some point these will become retro systems for gamers. I think that many games on the Cube still hold up to being great gaming.

I love the gamecube, everything about it was cool from the controller to the small footprint. The game library on the gamecube is for sure in my top five favorites and could possibly be in the top three.

I've been wanting to dust off my GC and play some more Phantasy Star Online and Super Smash Bros. I probably put more time into Phantasy Star than any game I've ever played. Loved that game.

mastermario said:
I've been wanting to dust off my GC and play some more Phantasy Star Online and Super Smash Bros. I probably put more time into Phantasy Star than any game I've ever played. Loved that game.

I still remember my mom bringing the GameCube to my graduation party to beat you, Bluevoodu, and Spartan at Mario Kart: Double Dash!

I don't wanna talk about that. :p

I've played some Super Smash Bros: Melee (the best one IMO) recently but that's about it for GC games. I can't find Phantasy Star. Grr.

Yay, I am replying in LESS than TWO YEARS after your reply!

It's funny since we did find that PC version of Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst!