Sega Genesis Attack of the Cloned Sega Genesis Systems Thread (56k warning)

Joined Jan 2005
18K Posts | 0+
Waco, TX
I want to list here every single Sega Genesis clone system in existence in this thread. They have been mass producing as fast as NES and SNES clones these days!

images

GenCore by Hyperkin

Sega-Genesis-Firecore-System.jpg

FireCore by Retrobit

genmobile-portable-genesis-gaming-handheld.jpg

GenMobile by AtGames

SAG000773_page.jpg

RetroGen by RetroBit

yobo_fc3_plus_console.jpg

FC3 Plus by Yobo

gen_x_dual_station.jpg

Gen-X Dual Station

rsz_178405-lol.jpg

Retron 3 by Hyperkin

sega-handheld.jpg

Genesis Portable Handheld by RetroBit

ot-8268s.jpg

The GN Twin by Yobo

genesis3.jpg

Sega Genesis 3 by Majesco (Still counts since it wasn't made by Sega)

Insane, isn't it?

I guess the Genesis 3 would give the best performance and compatibility. I guess my big question would be, which one comes in second to the Genesis 3? Or is that question a bit foggy with all of them being about the same?

I've been thinking about getting a clone, but I'd rather just get the SG 3 since there's quite an abundance of them. I also have the same question as RJ. Which is the next best one?

retro junkie said:
I guess the Genesis 3 would give the best performance and compatibility. I guess my big question would be, which one comes in second to the Genesis 3? Or is that question a bit foggy with all of them being about the same?

Actually there is one game I discovered that will NOT work on the Genesis 3! CLIFFHANGER! It actually freezes at the beginning of the game!

Imho, the best one I have seen is the RETRON 3 and the reason why, it has S-Video support for Genesis. No other clone can do that.

MegaDrive20XX said:
Imho, the best one I have seen is the RETRON 3 and the reason why, it has S-Video support for Genesis. No other clone can do that.

Any known compatibility issues?

I've thrown everything at it. So far, nothing seems to give me any problems.

The NES side I do know won't play CastleVania 3 on an unrelated note.

I found another!!

4823802808_cea64cddab_b.jpg

Sega MegaDrive Gopher. Very similar to the last portable, but has 6 buttons now and has an SD Card slot for Roms. The biggest downside? You cannot save!!

689466063318.jpg

Number 12. (Includes an SD Slot as well)

689466281804.jpg

Number 13. AtGames Arcade SEGA 110 Games Motion Control Sonic System with an SD Slot

I wouldn't mind having that number 12, Arcade Master. That arcade stick is really appealing. It looks to be around $50.00 or more.

retro junkie said:
I wouldn't mind having that number 12, Arcade Master. That arcade stick is really appealing. It looks to be around $50.00 or more.

It would be more awesome if it hooked up to a regular Genesis. I'm digging it too.

Number 14. THE WORLD'S TINIEST Sega Genesis!!

Sega Genesis ARCADE NANO! $10 for this little puppy that fits on your keychain and hooks up to any TV. Includes 5 Sega Genesis games!

Sonic the Hedgehog 1
•Sonic the Hedgehog 2
•Sonic the Spinball
•Sonic 3D Blast
•Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle

Image.aspx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW7IxeAf8Vs

Number 15. Arcade Nano Edition 2.

arcade_nano_columns_3.jpg

Sega Genesis ARCADE NANO! $10 for this little puppy that fits in your POCKET and hooks up to any TV. Includes 5 more Sega Genesis games: Columns, Columns III, Arrow Flash, Dr Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, and Flicky

Number 16: Arcade Nano Edition 3: VIRTUA FIGHTER 2

Nano Arcade Virtua Fighter Set :

Virtua Fighter 2
Shinobi 3
Golden Axe
Golden Axe 3
Alien Storm

Arcade-Nano-Mini-Megadrive-Virtua-Fighter_pc8917_1.jpg

Number 17: Arcade Nano Edition 4: Ecco the Dolphin

Nano Arcade Ecco the dolphin set:

Ecco the dolphin
Ecco Jr
Flicky
Puyo Puyo
Columns

IMG_0316.JPG

Any word on where you can get these? I checked Amazon but most are from 3rd party sellers who are charging double the MSRP.

Genny.gif

Picked this up yesterday afternoon at an indoor flea market for $2.97. Couldn't resist. It was marketed by "Radica." It turned out to be a rescue mission. When I opened up the battery compartment, someone had mixed heavy duty batteries with alkaline, a no no. The heavy duty AAs had busted open, fortunately nothing was damaged yet. Has a nice long 15 foot cord. Takes four AA batteries. Nice little plug and play. Feels very well constructed, not cheaply made. It also has an option to use an AC adaptor, nice. Con would be, no way to have a two player experience with Golden Axe or Mean Bean. Kid Chameleon offers two player by alternating using one controller. Nice little selection of games to keep one busy. On the menu,

Sonic 1
Golden Axe
Kid Chameleon
Altered Beast
Mean Bean Machine
Flicky

I wished they would make one of these things with the Genesis shooters built in. A portable would be the icing on the cake. ;)