Sega Dreamcast Dreamcast still not dead?!?!?!?!?!

no but i can say ZOMG!!!!!! I LEFT MY DREAMCAST IN VENEZUELA :mad:

I think it would be cool if Sega released a Dreamcast 2. I would also think it would be wise if Sega released them in limited quantities in order to stay profitable and keep demand up. Let the mass market be for Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft. They would likely be a success if they stuck to a niche market mentality.

The original Dreamcast is still regarded as one of the best systems of all time..it has a very wide fan base.

its not coming back

they just dont want other companies making the "sony dreamcast"

or the "nintendo driimcast"

or the "dreamcast 360"

sega is definitly not making another console

Hinesmdc said:
its not coming back

they just dont want other companies making the "sony dreamcast"

or the "nintendo driimcast"

or the "dreamcast 360"

sega is definitly not making another console
That didn't make to sense to me. :lol

Dreamcast should come back.....its a great system. ^_^

Oh, I get it, he's saying they don't want other companies to make a "Dreamcast". But who would want to take the name of a bombed console? I mean, the Dreamcast is great, but it did fail.

Oh, that's a common misconception...it didn't fail in the fans' eyes. Maybe in sales, which I'm assuming you mean, but not in popularity then and now. It just came out at a bad time (Sony Playstation and N64)..it wasn't pushed enough. The Dreamcast probably has more fans than the original Playstation right now.

Well, in the business world, Dreamcast is a bad name choice. It might have a huge following, but it still failed in its time. Businesses do not like failure.

It failed in terms of keeping fans (a lot jumped to the PS2). It failed in a good online plan (one of the main reasons Nintendo was hesitant to go into the online market). It failed to keep bootlegs at bay (Dreamcast games were the most pirated if I am correct). It also failed to keep companies on board developing games.

Don't get me wrong... I own a dreamcast and like MANY games for it. Sega just didn't manage it right from day one... not to mention the peripheral hell they went through.

I still think it would have been cool for Sega & Nintendo to join forces. Oh well... that's wishful thinking.

I HOPE TO GOD that a Dreamcast 2 doesn't come out. The market is so oversaturated now... I cannot imagine how bad it would be after the Dreamcast 2 came out. I mean.. think about it... yet another console that the basic releases will go to (each basic release will hit 8 systems then...) I just couldn't imagine. I couldn't even see room for it in the industry... let alone enough room for it on the Best Buy (and other major stores) shelves.

†B†V† :hat

It would increase the market, adding exclusivity of Sega games (which has garnered alot of fans) to the Dreamcast 2. I'd love to see a Dreamcast 2.

Bluevoodu said:
I HOPE TO GOD that a Dreamcast 2 doesn't come out. The market is so oversaturated now... I cannot imagine how bad it would be after the Dreamcast 2 came out. I mean.. think about it... yet another console that the basic releases will go to (each basic release will hit 8 systems then...) I just couldn't imagine. I couldn't even see room for it in the industry... let alone enough room for it on the Best Buy (and other major stores) shelves.

†B†V† :hat

That's why I say they release it in limited numbers. If they manage the supply to meet with the demand, then they could maintain profitbility. A fourth console in the market should not come in and expect to dominate three very solid competitors. Honestly, I wouldn't expect to see huge success from Sega as a console manufacturer. But at the same time I would buy a new Dreamcast in a heart beat if I saw one on the shelf.

it was released at the wrong time, and didnt have a lot of things that the other consoles coming out had. like two analog sticks, dvd playback, etc.