BUY ONE

zelda ocarina of time
zelda majoras mask
goldeneye
perfect dark
super mario 64
banjo kazooie
banjo tooie

The n64 is my all time fave game system, so I am all in favor of you getting one! The games Hines listed are really cool choices.

Yea you should. You can find them on Craigslist/ebay all the time for like $30 with a few controllers. I still play my 64 regularly :)

definitely get one... it's an amazing system... good games are...

ANY mario game
perfect dark
goldeneye 007
conker's bad fur day
rainbow six ( was ok )
mission impossible
zelda

Hinesmdc said:
BUY ONE

zelda ocarina of time
zelda majoras mask
goldeneye
perfect dark
super mario 64
banjo kazooie
banjo tooie
Lack of Star Fox and Sin and Punishment makes that list fail.

Although I rarely play my N64, I am glad I have one because when I do, it's all fun. I would get Goldeneye before anything else. All the tweeny gamers out there rave about Halo. This is the game that started it all. Multiplayer will give you and three buddies hours of fun. NBA Jam is a great game. I wish I still had the codes to make their heads like six time bigger than their bodies...

Goldeneye was incredibly fun and it still is.

Hasn't Nintendo made plans to put it on the Virtual Console? I'd buy that instantly.

Jack said:
Goldeneye was incredibly fun and it still is.

Hasn't Nintendo made plans to put it on the Virtual Console? I'd buy that instantly.

Nope. Goldeneye was a Rare game. Rare is now owned by Microsoft. It's likely that it won't see the VC or XBL Arcade because it would enrage many. That and I believe both parties have enough ownership that they could sue eachother over a rerelease.

Dart said:
Nope. Goldeneye was a Rare game. Rare is now owned by Microsoft. It's likely that it won't see the VC or XBL Arcade because it would enrage many. That and I believe both parties have enough ownership that they could sue eachother over a rerelease.

Bah...that sucks.

Dart said:

In addition to that, another company owns the rights to James Bond.

There was something about it on IGN a long time ago.

Some of those issues are whoppers, too. Namely, Activision currently holds the rights to the James Bond license and Microsoft currently own Rare. In order to get ahold of the rights to GoldenEye once again, Nintendo would need to throw down some big dollars or come to some other workable arrangement, beneficial to all involved parties. We hope, for the sake of good gaming, they do.

Full article here

I'm not sure Activision still has the rights to Bond, but either way there's still a lot of issues.

Bust A Move 2
Blast Corps
Cruis'n World
F-Zero X
Forsaken
GoldenEye
Mario 64
Mario Kart 64
MRC
Perfect Dark
San Fransisco Rush
Rush 2
Shadows Of The Empire
Top Gear Rally
Wave Race
Wipeout

I have a lot of different retro consoles that I rotate often. I find that the N64 is hard to stop playing once I get started. Just today I was playing StarFox 64, Star Wars Racer, Ridge racer 64, and Whipout 64. :)

Beetle Adventure racing is another great racer.

N64 is also a piece of gaming history being that it was the last cart based console.

retro junkie said:
I have a lot of different retro consoles that I rotate often. I find that the N64 is hard to stop playing once I get started. Just today I was playing StarFox 64, Star Wars Racer, Ridge racer 64, and Whipout 64. :)

N64 is also a piece of gaming history being that it was the last cart based console.

I know what you mean. Just recently I went back and beat OOT and Goldeneye again, and now I might start a new game on Turok 2. Me and my niece also love playing Mario Kart on it. I think if for some reason I had to give up every system I own and just keep one, it would be the N64 :D

retro junkie said:

Yuppers! I love that one! I used to have it and I have been really missing it lately, so I think I shall buy it again soon!

x2 said:
I think if for some reason I had to give up every system I own and just keep one, it would be the N64 :D

Me too, cept the DSlite I have would be a close second...but mainly cuz it seems like a portable n64, and reminds me of all my good n64 memories. lol

fhqwhgads said:
Lack of Star Fox and Sin and Punishment makes that list fail.

Star Fox 64 is really cool! Get that one too!!!

Yes, get one.

As for games:
Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
Paper Mario
Mario 64
Zelda: OoT
Zelda: MM
Goldeneye
Perfect Dark
Mario Kart 64
Mario Tennis