How many members here have arcade setups in the home?

Joined Nov 2005
140 Posts | 0+
Denver, Colorado
I am curious to know who many members here actually play arcade games in their homes? Do you have a TATE setup or possibly a cabinet you play on?

GAMEFAN

I would love to but it's just too expensive for me right now. When I do make money, though, I will at least have one cabinet in my house.

tate setup?

I am going to be honest, I am a noob to the "owning and housing" arcade stuff.. sorry if that is a stupid Q.

I do have an MVS setup though :)

†B†V† :hat

Bluevoodu said:
tate setup?

I am going to be honest, I am a noob to the "owning and housing" arcade stuff.. sorry if that is a stupid Q.

I do have an MVS setup though :)

†B†V† :hat

TATE is when you have the monitor on its side. This is the vertical shooter setup.

GAMEFAN

I have a converted Astron Belt cabinet. The cabinet had been previously converted to house Sega Choplifter.

I converted it to Jamma; the original connector still works. I also moved two of the buttons to allow for a four button layout.
I also had to replace the original power supply with a converted PC power supply.

I have 3 and love them. Wish I could get more, but my wife says they make the house look cheap. So, I call her antiques dust collectors. :lol

I used to have an MVS hooked up to a commodore monitor. Wish I did not sell it. I had metal slug, pulstar, king of fighters 94, waku waku 7, samurai shodown 4, samurai shodown. That was 5 or 6 years ago.

I have a pretty sweet arcade setup in my basement.

Started with Battlezone almost 20 years ago... then added a Discs of Tron, and a Sarge two-player upright. Next came Xenophobe, Rampage World tour, and a Spyhunter upright. Most recently, I added a touchscreen-countertop, the Merit MegaTouch.

...Great basement for my kids' birthday parties when they were growing up.