Neo Geo CD Neo Geo CD strange problems

Joined Feb 2011
1 Posts | 0+
Hello to everyone. I need help with a Japanese Neo Geo Cd top loader unit.
I've seen many forums and read many posts but it seems no one has still experienced this problem.

A friend of mine had this Neo Geo Cd unit in his collection. It seemed it was not working so he gave it to me (he also had a CDZ)
The unit couldn't read any cds because the cdrom unit was too low. I opened it and fixed the problem.

The unit seemed to work fine. It hadn't pads so i bought the AES one.
I tried the only game i have, Neo Drift Out. "Press start Button" appears normally but if i press it on the pad nothing happens. After a while the game starts itself (i don't know why)
The game plays normal but when i try to continue a race (it says press start to continue) the start button doesn't work (just like in the console menu). The select button also doens't work.
I thought the pad was broken so i tried to open it and cleaned the contacts. Same results.
Thinking that the problem was the Aes pad i bought 2 Neo geo cd Pads on ebay.
They arrived yesterday. The problem was still there (start and select buttons don't seems to be recognized)
I tried with metal slug (burned it on cd) and the problems was still the same. After a while the game starts itself but if i try to press start or select in game nothing happens.

How can i do? Is there someone who can help?