Finally entered the last generation!!

Joined Feb 2007
2K Posts | 0+
Kentucky, US
I have had my PS3 Super Slim 12gb console since this last Wednesday. I have six games and have downloaded the digital Tekken. Which brings up a point, my hard drive will be here this next week. The cradle, or rack, for it will arrive the following week. This particular model has no hard drive. I knew that, but it was such a deal I just couldn't refuse, $120, mint, like New condition with two Duel Shock 3 controllers. It looks like nobody ever used it. Very satisfied with my purchase.

I have it connected to the PSN with my old online name, second-monkey.

Games on hand include,
Batman: Arkham City
Heavenly Sword
Final Fantasy XIII
Soul Calibur IV
Ridge Racer 7
Motor Storm

And Journey: Collector Edition is on the way.

I was very impressed with the Batman game. It was really the very few times I have felt satisfied playing that character. And I felt right at home with the racing & fighting games. I haven't been online yet like I have with the vita, just don't want to get my tail whipped by a 12 year old.

I see where there is lot to like about this system and I am looking forward to a lot of wasted time. I have been busy making a list of games that I plan on acquiring.

Let me know if you like the Tekken: Revolution online gameplay! I played it some, but kept going back to Tekken Tag Tournament 2 for the doubles play.

Ok the "free" Tekken as it is called, bothers me. I like being able to play the game as much as I want!! There is this thing that limits the gameplay, as they are wanting me to purchase "coins" to play the game? I was going to go online to play someone, but when I saw people at level 55 and there I am at level 4............. :lol

Yeah, I was not sure what to think of that either. I bought a copy of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and stick to that for the (actually free) online play.

Since the Xbox one and the PS4 have started to pick up some steam I've been buying up ps3 and xbox 360 games like crazy. My ps3 collection has doubled in the last two weeks. A lot of really great games are in the $5.00 range (older versions of assasians creed, gta, and gran tourismo, and god of war, along with games like read dead redeption). For a few extra dollars I also found a remastered ico / shadow of the colossus.

I have started picking up games for my PS3 also. I have picked up five new titles within the last month. Been digging into eBay and have caught some good deals. I just got MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM EXTREME VS from Japan today, $8.99, complete, new like. Now I need to figure it out with the controls. Just had some fun with it, won one round lost the other. Burnout Paradise also came today, $11.99, complete and in great shape. ;)

Waiting for those updates for Burnout. What?! Seven updates?! Not understanding the mentality behind releasing a game and having the need for updates like this. I guess I am not quite "this generation gamer" material. There must be well over a gig of updates that I am waiting on for this game. I am so use to cart gaming, instant, plug N play. Loving my retro ways right now. I could have saved the galaxy from some angry horde of aliens by now. :lol Finally installing! Well sort-of with the last update to go! ::D Totally insane.

I highly suggest you upgrade that hard drive in the PS3 if you're going to be picking up a ton of games. All those updates take up a lot of room. Do it now before you have to redownload everything again.

no lie, theres a few ps3's in the house and the one I purchased at launch got demoted to the kid's room and it a strictly offline console until another lap top dies and I get a donor hard drive. I remember questioning the hard drive sizes when the ps3 came out. Their optical media fit as much if not more information than the hard drives attached. Granted at time time I'm sure digital delivery was an afterthought but it almost seemed like a good way to push consoles despite market saturation. Imagine if the Nintendo came up with a similar strategy during the NES or THE WII???

targetrasp said:
no lie, theres a few ps3's in the house and the one I purchased at launch got demoted to the kid's room and it a strictly offline console until another lap top dies and I get a donor hard drive. I remember questioning the hard drive sizes when the ps3 came out. Their optical media fit as much if not more information than the hard drives attached. Granted at time time I'm sure digital delivery was an afterthought but it almost seemed like a good way to push consoles despite market saturation. Imagine if the Nintendo came up with a similar strategy during the NES or THE WII???

With the PS3 being retired, I do wonder if I could use my old 256 Gb SSD from my gaming PC for a performance boost...I always did hate the loading times in Tekken Tag Tournament 2!

I wouldn't think so.

The other applications are made small and more reliant on internet speed.

Where I saw a difference was in games like skyrim

targetrasp said:
I wouldn't think so.

The other applications are made small and more reliant on internet speed.

Where I saw a difference was in games like skyrim

Maybe that would finally get my girlfriend to play it on PS3 since I bought the Legendary edition for her!