Super Nintendo is 25 Years Old!!

Joined Feb 2007
2K Posts | 0+
Kentucky, US
Super Nintendo was released on November 21, 1990. Hard to believe it has been 25 years. Did not have time yesterday to celebrate but today I am pulling out the first games that I played. I received Super Mario World with the system and purchased Super R-Type & Gradius 3.
Super Mario World: This game really was magical for that time period. It was so huge, colorful, and full of surprises. For the first time Mario really looked like a cartoon character that you was controlling.
Super R-Type: Blown away. This shooter and me spent a lot of time together. I do remember playing this thing and beating it. Loved the graphics, still occasionally pull this out.
Gradius III: Yes it had slow down. And without that slow down I don't think I could have gotten through some of the levels. This game made me a big fan of the series. I ended up purchasing all of the Gameboy and NES Gradius games.

I got a SNES in 1993 because I'd broke my finger right before the blizzard of 93 (retro I know you're east coast I'm sure you remember it) and missed out the only snow storm I've ever seen dump more than a foot of snow where I live. I believe I was at the hospital getting the bone set when the snow started. I kept sneaking out to try and get in the snow and my mother felt so bad the first day the store opened she bought me a snes. School was out for almost two weeks and during that time I probably played 16 - 18 hours straight. After the blizzard I still played Super Mario World for hours and hours until I found out that 96 was the magical number. For whatever reason I assumed that was percent complete and not just number of exits found. That game always seemed incomplete to me afterwards for some reason.