Atari Jaguar Any Alien Vs Predator Fans? (For the Atari Jaguar of Course)

Joined May 2004
13K Posts | 1+
Indiana
Are there any fans of this game?

If so, why do you like it?

Even though the game does show age...... I love the game as it is. It has decent visuals....
eerie corridor sound effects...and more...

for some reason, this game has stuck with me as one of my favorites.

anyone else?

†B†V† :hat

I always wished to play it. The only two games I remember playing on Jaguar were Rayman (I think) and Syndicate. I remember there being a really stupid fighting game too.

winter said:
I always wished to play it. The only two games I remember playing on Jaguar were Rayman (I think) and Syndicate. I remember there being a really stupid fighting game too.

yeah... there were stupid fighters on the system :)

so you played rayman?

that was actually a good jag game. I own it. I believe that is the 1st time we got to see rayman.

So you never played A Vs P?

BV

Never did. I am almost tempted to pick up a Jaguar again to play Alien vs. Predator. Do you ever get Jag systems in? How much to they cost? Are the games hard to find?

prices have come way down... that is why I haven't carried any lately.... BUT once I figure out the market again, I will be going back in it.

Prices are very reasonable.. IE $5-20 for a game. A Vs P... might be $25-50... but that just depends.

Systems.... are not too bad, I believe $15-50 depending on overall conditions completenesses...etc. I believe $50-80 would be around a NEW system...

:) hope this helps!

I would really like to get a Jaguar. I would get the Jaguar with Rayman and Alien vs. Predator. Like always, if you happen to run across any good deals, e-mail me.

no problem. The jag only has a couple good select games.

I highyl recommend Tempest. Its not a wallet killer... and well... its my favorite :lol

A vs P and Rayman are cool too... don't get me wrong. but they have a higher price tag to them.

some good stuff on the system though... only a a select few though.

I love AvP, that game gave me nightmares the day I got it and is way scarier than Doom.
I remember hearing about AvP for the Atari Lynx and got really excited, but that got canned.
The rom is all over the web now and if that game would have made it to the public,
the Lynx would have sold by the masses.
Too bad for Atari. :-[

Spartikcus said:
I love AvP, that game gave me nightmares the day I got it and is way scarier than Doom.
I remember hearing about AvP for the Atari Lynx and got really excited, but that got canned.
The rom is all over the web now and if that game would have made it to the public,
the Lynx would have sold by the masses.
Too bad for Atari. :-[

can't you buy the real version?

supposively there is a group out there selling the cart now!

I always wanted a Jaguar and AvP, but never got one. I've thought about buying one recently many times...but the prospect of owning a system for only two games isn't that appealing. AvP and Tempest are the only games I van think of worth owning on the system...are there any others worth having?

IRon Soldier :)

I like that game as well!

but really... IMO Tempest 2000 is reason enough to buy the system!

:) I like the Alien Vs Predator Arcade that Capcom
did a lot better. :D ;)

I aslo like the Alien Vs Predator for the Super Nintendo too. ;)

I never played any of the other Alien Vs Predator games before. :'( :)

the atmosphere of avP with the marin player is incomparable, and it was the best FPS in his time in all console

kuk said:
the atmosphere of avP with the marin player is incomparable, and it was the best FPS in his time in all console
no kidding... man... it is eerie.

You turn that up... at night, have the room dark.... you hear the predator click... and the aliens hiss.... man... its creepy :lol

I bought a used Jag while still in high school and AvP was one of the games. Pretty good FPS but too difficult to progress. With DK Country and Super Mario RPG on the SNES around the same time, the Jag didn't have enough to offer to get people's attention.

Have it, have yet to play it. As I recall it was one of the few, actual, 64 bit games.

Polygon said:
Have it, have yet to play it. As I recall it was one of the few, actual, 64 bit games.
Have you played it yet... as of now?

I love this game because of the unique gameplay....as far as showing sign of wear, there has not been a better game to come out with the intense graphics, control and gameplay. I still play it often and use it to show my friends the power of the jaguar64...