Atari Jaguar Are there any members here that own an Atari Jaguar?

Joined May 2004
13K Posts | 1+
Indiana
seriously... besides me :lol  who here owns a Jaguar?

Post it up :) 

†B†V† :hat

Bluevoodu said:
you don't have a normal system though?

Bv :hat

What he said, is pretty much the normal system, the Jag CD had a port for the Cart to go in as well so you wouldnt have to remove the CD from the Jag port...

Man I'd love to see a Jaguar CD...I never got a chance to see it in action

meh... I misread that  :hh

I still have yet to play the Jag CD very long... It has been a long time ago....

Jaguar CD's are officialy collectors items. They've been selling for very high amounts for a couple of years solid now. Complete in the box units consistently sell above the original $250 retail price, and a loose unit will still nab upwards of $80. Do not pass one up if you find one in a thrift, yard sale etc...for cheap.

Rocky said:
Jaguar CD's are officialy collectors items. They've been selling for very high amounts for a couple of years solid now. Complete in the box units consistently sell above the original $250 retail price, and a loose unit will still nab upwards of $80. Do not pass one up if you find one in a thrift, yard sale etc...for cheap.
I know... I really want a Jaguar CD... Even though there isn't much on it... I've wanted to try to get one for awhile now.

It's too bad that they didn't tkae the system more seriously. It's hard to I guess, but I liked the system.

So their's Jaguar without the CD attachment?  I was talkin about the Jag one day and this guy I know out of the blue said "Oh I know that thing I got one from my uncle when he passed away".  ::) I would like to get it just to say I have the last Atari home system but is it worth it without the Cd attachment?

There are not many games for the CD attachment. Unless you collect, don't bother.

Some games I used to play when I had mine were: Iron Soldier, Tempest 2000, Defender, and Cannon Fodder.

I used to have a Jag + CD + 25 games or so. Primal Rage was one of my favs... strangely enough, I liked Kasumi Ninja too, let's see Alien Vs. Predator, Tempest 2000 and Defender 2000.... ummm..... that was about it. I could never really get into any of the other games. Fight for Life was kind of funny. Club Drive was stupid, yet I played it sometimes just for irony. Also trevor mcfur, the worst shmup ever made. Doom wasn't bad. ahh... kind of miss the Jag days.... the VLM kicked butt too.

I still have my Jag. There are a few games on the system that I like and would not give up my Jag because of them. They are Tempest 2000, Defender 2000, Raiden, Val d' Isere Skiing and Snowboarding, Rayman, Iron Soldier, and Pitfall. And I sort-of like Cybermorph. Tempest being my favorite. Sort-of wished that the system had more third party support at the time and more of those arcade hits. It could have been great in its day. :hey

I own serveral atari jaguar systems, with cdrom units.....This is my favorite system i own...I have every single jaguar 64 game ever made in cart and also in cd-rom format. I also did some programming on some jaguar releases and working on a new game to be release this year... If anyone needs to purchase any hardware, software just let me know. I currently sell jaguar64 systems complete in a box new sealed never used, with a variety of cart games sealed new and cd-rom games also...

Fred

Very cool! Welcome to the boards! We hope you enjoy your stay.

What games did you work on? in the past? I am very curious :)

†B†V† :hat

I worked on Caves of fear with B&C on getting it finished somewhat and releasing it to the community. I also did some work with songbird on the protector releases....Now i have been working on 2 projects, one is a doom 2 release and the other is finishing the quake game that ID started working on...

Fred

my dad has a jaguar but it stoped working before i was born.... he still keeps it though.

I do, I do! I have the unit and the Jag CD. I'll never forget the day I walked by K B toys and saw a stack of brand new Jags and games on clearance. $29.99 for the system and $9.99 per game. AS a collector I quickly grabbed one and a copy of Tempest. Such a time...