1000 PS2 games in this man's collection. Insane.

Joined Jan 2005
18K Posts | 0+
Waco, TX
http://kotaku.com/5307967/you-dont-have-as-many-ps2-games-as-this-guy

His first game? Jak and Daxter. His 1000th? Chicken Little: Ace in Action.

Remember, if you collect, you collect the good and the bad...

GamingMaiden said:
Why is this news...? Anyways, must be rich to buy 1000 in the 8? years its been out.

Didn't know where else to put it, so the PS2 section would be more understandable?

GamingMaiden said:
I meant why is this important?

News is news and it doesn't have to be important every single time. It's not like it doesn't happen in real world news.

MegaDrive20XX said:
News is news and it doesn't have to be important every single time. It's not like it doesn't happen in real world news.

True story. I hate keep hearing about Old Mr. Jenkins' cat getting stuck in the tree.

While impressive, I don't really see a point. I mean, there's got to be so many crappy games in that collection that are neither fun to play, nor will ever be worth anything. But, I guess that's just the nature of collecting. I personally would rather collect something cart based, but that's just 'cause I'm old school.

x2 said:
While impressive, I don't really see a point. I mean, there's got to be so many crappy games in that collection that are neither fun to play, nor will ever be worth anything. But, I guess that's just the nature of collecting. I personally would rather collect something cart based, but that's just 'cause I'm old school.

Well it's funny you mention that. A while back my old boss is a huge Sega Genesis collector. He found himself trying hard to stay away from god awful games. It's fun to collect, but like earlier stated if you want to "Catch'em all" so to speak, you have to even grab the games you wouldn't sell to your cousins even. :(

x2 said:

Cheap way to build up a collection, both for the fact that the games that suck become bargain bin faster and they are easier to find than carts.

Good points! I guess for collections, "size matters", so to speak :p

x2 said:
Good points! I guess for collections, "size matters", so to speak :p

Sad but true, but after seeing every MLPHA game lined up in someone's shelf. It makes me want to stick with the SOLID games that I can play and not just look at :lol

Hell Scyth said:
he must never trade a single game.

I never traded a single PS2 game, and I am glad I hadn't. Who knows what the economy has in store, and all that future researching. It's all bought anyway. Cheap now, but whose going to buy a back catalog now? I'm glad I ended my Playstation back catalog two years ago! I wouldn't be able to do as good as job if I started later than I did in 2002. I even bought all the quality RPGs like Grandia, Lunar 1/2, Tales of Destiny 2, all the FF games, and quality titles like that S-E shooter Einhander. If I skipped Playstation, I would so new school that it would be like one of those generation z people entering middle school who will feel the same way about Playstation as I do SNES as in ignorant of it all! Oh yeah I have 50 Playstation and 130 PS2. I was born in "1984", the year of Big Brother ruling the Americas!

Remember, if you collect, you collect the good and the bad...

Liar, Liar pants on fire. I cleverly collected all teh good games and ignored all the bad.

Only liar I see, is renegadevilking. You have to collect the bad in order to have all of them.

Only liar I see, is renegadevilking. You have to collect the bad in order to have all of them.
Now, you gone and did it. You make me want to post a game collection jpg of either PS and PS2 within 48 hrs of this message.

Heres some reallly, really old shots to hold you over until the 48 hr deadline.

http://img142.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ps2gamecollection1wb4.jpg
http://img376.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ps2gamecollection2lx8.jpg
http://img23.imageshack.us/i/playstationd.jpg/

I got you beat. Watch this, this is my old friend Tyler's collection. Difference? no Greatest hits. Real collectors hate greatest hits cases.

6370_147604056351_734596351_3842870_5684011_n.jpg

Hold your horses! I have legit copies of Alundra, Tales of Destiny 2, Persona, Brave Fence Menshi, Elemental Gearbolt, and Vandal Hearts yet to shot. And I torrented Valkyrie Profiles, Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure, Breath of Fire IV, Suikoden II. I said within 48 hrs.

no Greatest hits

It matters if it plays in your system, not the color of the box art!