Neo Geo CD Blocky images

Joined Jan 2010
3 Posts | 0+
Hi Guys,

First post so be kind!

I've not put this in the tech forum cause it might just be me being silly.

I have a 42" Plasma, Im running my JAP CD through a scart lead I brought from ebay. Everything works fine but the image on the screen is kinda blocky, when I see footage on youtube ect it all seems smoother. Should I be running it through S-Video maybe or should I get a 20" CRT?

Let me know what your views are,

Nickyx

icb80 said:
Hi Guys,

First post so be kind!

I've not put this in the tech forum cause it might just be me being silly.

I have a 42" Plasma, Im running my JAP CD through a scart lead I brought from ebay. Everything works fine but the image on the screen is kinda blocky, when I see footage on youtube ect it all seems smoother. Should I be running it through S-Video maybe or should I get a 20" CRT?

Let me know what your views are,

Nickyx
Do you have the connections to try S-Video?

If so... give that a shot. It is very impressive through S-video.

Let us know what happens with your test.

Welcome to the boards!

†B†V† :hat

Cheers chap,

I'll drink my coffee and head into town and try and buy an Svideo lead, otherwise its ebay for me!

Will report in on the difference.

Viva NGCD!!

Best

Nicky

S-Video all set up, looks nice and is defo an improvement.

It automatically switches to 4:3 which I guess is as close to preserving the aspect ratio as possible.

Colours are bright and everything is very fluid. Still a little blocky but I think that's dues to the TV being a little too large maybe.

Would defo say to anyone who can, get a S-Video lead!! Also put the NGCD through my surround system, sounds fantastic!

Nicky

The images might be blocky also because you are missing the scan lines. Scanlines probably hid some of the blockiness. Scan lines would be normal with the system being made for the old CRT tvs, which I still have. ::)

It will look blocky no matter how you connect it to the TV. You are essentially scaling a 320x224 image to 1920x1080.

If you sit back for enough (8-10'), it will probably look acceptable.

But like Retro said, might be worth hanging onto an old CRT for your retro needs. A CRT also has the benefit of no lag which is crucial in some of the twitchier games.