PSN will not be free anymore?

I like to have all the nice shiney new tech. I was saying sadly because I did buy it all and have not found one game or feature that justified my ownership of a ps3.

Yeah, that doesn't make sense to me at all. :lol

I'm happy that I only need to buy one system to play all the games I want. This way, I'm spending 1/3 price on consoles, and I'm not missing out on anything.

Plus, the PS3 has more high profile exclusive games than the 360. I would think if it was tough to justify any console purchase based on exclusives, it would be the 360. :D

You think ps3 had higher profile exclusives? Really? I'd agree ps3 had more exclusive titles but I think the Halo franchise trumps God of War or MGS on profile. God of War 3 - 33 million first day, Halo 3 200 million first day, I don't get much higher profile than that!

I'm definatly not an xbox fan boy, I've actually been more of a playstation fan during the ps1 and ps2 reign, but my ps3 collects dust, and thats what makes me sad. I can't find a reason to use it.

I guess "higher profile" was a poor choice of words. I meant "higher profile" in terms of their ambition and originality, not popularity.

I do feel I'm missing out on the 360's exclusive downloadable games. I would love it if those games were multiplatform.

There were definitely some gems on the 360 that I would have wished to see on the PS3 (Gears 1 and 2, Fable 2, Trenched, etc.), but most of them are shooters or games in genres I feel are well represented on the PS3 anyway.

I've just never heard anyone say they bought their 360 for the exclusives.

I was a playstation fan boy and bought an xbox solely to play halo. prolly the only reason i own a 360 was for anticipation of further halo titles, but having both i must say live eats psn's lunch.

targetrasp said:
I was a playstation fan boy and bought an xbox solely to play halo. prolly the only reason i own a 360 was for anticipation of further halo titles, but having both i must say live eats psn's lunch.

I'd say the same but unfortunately there is really no game on the 360 I would play that I don't already have on the PS3. Well that's mostly because I am not a FPS fan and that limits my 360's library to like 2 games (Tales of vesperia and Lost odyssey)

I wholly agree with you. I actually shouldn't be arguing for either anymore I own each but my daughter has pretty much taken them over ever since she got a big tv in her room. I pretty much only get to play pc now

targetrasp said:

How so?

I know cross game chat is a big one, but why else do you prefer Live?

I've always noticed far less lag on xbox live than psn. Xbox live is almost never down vs. psn's recent big downtime (it's cool though, they gave out some free games to compensate). and you don't have to shell out a small fortune for decent headsets.

Hello friends its been forever. I still think Sony sticks with free PSN but will try to incorporate more with the PSN+