I just impulse bought a playstation tv

Joined Jul 2004
1K Posts | 1+
Bmount
Doing some birthday shopping for my son I happen to look around and find the pstv on sale for half price. It was father's day a few days ago and that little turkey being born so close to it always steals my thunder so I convinced myself. I honestly have no idea what i'm going to do with it or why I even have it because I have no vita library nor do I have a ps4 (still waiting for that awesome bundle and batman just didn't do it and I missed the slick white destiny one). It'll be just another device on my network until I figure out what I want to use it for. This thing is pretty neat though, its about the size of a cell phone.

Congrats!

I've thought about it and I saw on sale once for $30. But I'm going to wait for more content to appear. PSN is having a flash sale this weekend, maybe they'll be something there for you.

Just be aware, if you decide to pick up a Vita game, that not every game is compatible with the pstv. Check online lists first. I think that I might pick one up if the price is sweet. But I have not seen any around locally. The only thing that I have seen is the Sony Blu-ray player that streams PS3 games.

a blu ray that streams ps3 games for $40 would be pretty awesome, but I'm betting its something that's priced where itd be just as feasible to buy another ps3.

There will be TVs that will have PSN on them and you can play games up to the PS3. They'll probably start showing up in early 2016.

That Blu Ray player is only $89. Where a new PS3 would run close to $200. I would not want one but I do see that player maybe fitting some lifestyles.

I am seeing the Playstation TV going for about $30 on ebay. Is there a reason for this price drop? Is it worth the $30 price tag?

I don't think it sold well and the game support is fairly limited. Oh and the TV part is fairly limited too from what I remember.

I say, if you can get a new one for $30, that's a good deal.

I turned mine on once or twice, maybe when I hook the ps4 I got the kids for Christmas up and or get some vita games mine will get more use but for now I've not touched it.

Whatever Sony's intent for this hardware, I guess this has turned into more of a peripheral for the Vita owners. While most reviewers on the net seem to consider the Vita a failure, the PS TV would only limp far behind. Only been available here in US for a year and tanking early. It has always appeared that Sony never has really known how to market a portable.

which make collecting on the psp cheap! I've got 3 or 4 psp's now, tons of games and a lot of the movies and I've not spent much at all. I'll find them at yard sales for 20ish in great shape, 50 got me a star wars psp with a ton of games.

The controls layout starts to make my hands sore after a while (games like god of war especially) so for pure playing Nintendo anything handheld is better, but collecting wise its much more reasonable.