TurboGrafx Altered Beast CD - Pc Engine Duo (bootleg?)

Joined May 2004
13K Posts | 1+
Indiana
Were there bootlegs of this game?

If so, how can you tell them from an original?
I can normally tell... but the label on this CD is odd.

On top of that, Altered Beast was a Hu-card for the PC Engine.... was it also hu-card? 
Or is the Hu-card a boot and the CD not... or whats the story?

I have 1 of each

Please post up :)

BV :hat

I wish I knew, BV. But I was only aware that Altered Beast was on the Sega Master System. Great game though...

I'm not a huge fan of the game. But when I had my first Master System, it was the second game I purchased and i played it all the time as well as playing it at arcades. But to be honest, other than playing the game, I don't know much of anything outside of the game it's self.
Here's an off topic question for you, why don't you have a listing for the Sega Master System at your store??

I am an Altered Beast fan, its on most formats evah.

The CD version was a first gen game on that format, and is exactly the same as the hucard bar CD audio from the arcade game.

Beware!! It crashes as the end of level one on a super system 3.0 enabled system, the only way you can play it is on a cdrom2 system with a lower system card i.e. 2.0 etc......it may even be a more specific system card than that, not sure.

Baseley09 said:
I am an Altered Beast fan, its on most formats evah.

The CD version was a first gen game on that format, and is exactly the same as the hucard bar CD audio from the arcade game.

Beware!!  It crashes as the end of level one on a super system 3.0 enabled system, the only way you can play it is on a  cdrom2 system with a lower system card i.e. 2.0 etc......it may even be a more specific system card than that, not sure.
yeah... I found out that it will crash UNLESS it has a System 1.0 card.
I've never seen a system 1.0 card, but I heard they are fairly common.

So the label could look that way since it is a 1st gen CD game?

BV :hat