Neo Geo Pocket Metal Slug: 2nd Mission

Joined Jun 2005
7K Posts | 0+
Louisburg, NC, USA
Okay this game has been really addicting. I play it before work, while sitting in the parking lot, and at lunch. And sometimes at home after work. It's actually consuming my console time too!!
Is there a trick I need to know about beating the level where you need to shoot this gun while avoiding being smashed by that mechanical leg?? I beat it, and then go to that rotating machine gun and I am done right there. I have yet to figure out how to beat it Anyone else know how??

you know... I wish so, I have never played this game beyond 2 minutes to test it :(
Never bought it for myself yet.

BV :hat

It's a great game. It's the same difficulty as the first one, as far as enemy attacks. But it seems to be easier to navigate the levels.

Well I decided to get a NGCP from Bv, I just got to ship him the money now this week. ;)

YES!!! Bman, welcome to the Dark Side of the Force... :D
You'll love this lil technical wonder. The games are all cool that come with it, although I can't seem to figure out Dark Arms yet. :-\

Well, yesterday I got to like the fifth level, I think, and noticed something. As I was shooting the enemy guys, chickens started to just fall out of the sky. And if I picked them up, nothing happened. But if I shot them, they became cooked chickens. And if I picked up the cooked chickens, my guy got really fat!! And he couldn't jump basic obsticles. But there's help for my gun-toting obese character!! If he's fat, and shoots at someone, something in the form of I think a needle or medical device falls down, and instantly he's normal again. It struck me as odd... :lol

Im really looking for RPG's, side scrolling, and fighting games when I get the NGCP. Just want something to play when Im waiting at work to clock in.

Edit: Hows the battery? Comfort of the controls? I think I've asked you these questions before but Im not sure, anyways answer them! :lol

Well, I've had my NGPC for, what, a month now?? I put in some el cheapo batteries that we get for the kids' toys. And I have yet to change them. And I probably play about 30-45 minutes a day. And the life span is advertised as 40 hours per two AA battery set.
Controls are very comfortable. The unit is pretty square, but doesn't do anything to make it awkward. The only button I think could have been improved upon is the option button, which serves as a pause button and sometimes used for extra attack buttons. Like on Metal Slug, it's used to throw grenades. It's sometimes difficult to press. Especially when you're into a game.
Color is awesome. The screen is also very robust. I currently have no scratches, and I carry it in my pocket most of the time.
Although it's almost 5 years old, it still gives the current Game Boys a run for their money.

Bman409 said:
Im really looking for RPG's, side scrolling, and fighting games when I get the NGCP. Just want something to play when Im waiting at work to clock in.

Edit: Hows the battery? Comfort of the controls? I think I've asked you these questions before but Im not sure, anyways answer them! :lol
Faselei is something you might want to try :)

I forget... but I think Dark Arms would be as well.

Just to add on to what dart said, the screen is very nice... and it reflects light very well... so you can see it in some lower light conditions (IE not directly under the lamp).

BV :hat

BV, when are you getting in Faselei?? I keep looking and so far I don't see it!!