which game is superior :KOTOR or JE

Joined Dec 2005
6 Posts | 0+
Roseville, Michigan
okay so im just wondering what you all think on this. which game is better. Knights Of the Old Republic...or Jade Empire. I for one believe that KOTOR is a better game just because i had more fun being a jedi then a ninja. I felt that the evil side on KOTOR had a lot more perks than jade empire, but both were fun. These games are almost identical, for they both were made by Bioware. The jade empire was a very entertaining game, with both a evil (closed fist) and good (open palm) side. The same is said for KOTOR. I think the skills were alot better and fun in jade empire, and the fact of being a barbarian with claws on your hands, pummeling villages. But KOTOR had the anticipation from working up from nothing, then gettin your lightsabre HOORAH then finishing the game with your jedi powers. i insist that KOTOR was a more indepth and entertaining game. What do you guys think.

Well I havent played KOTOR yet, but Im really lovin' Jade Empire LE. Its so much fun imo. Im about 7 hours into it right now, and Im so glad I bought it. I like the story and the combat is fun imo.

KOTOR was pure schweet and jade empire was stupid. I like KOTOR because of the jedi powers and the long story line. And who wouldnt like a lightsaber to cut down anything in your way.

I feel that KOTOR was a one hit wonder and bioware is having trouble duplicating its success

I agree it wasn't as original as the first one. It largely played off the success of KOTOR. Graphically it was the same and so was the gameplay, it was still enjoyable. Jade Empire was also Bioware, right?

yes Jade empire was made by Bioware, they should have been working on KOTOR 3 instead of making Jade Empire though

I agree with you there. JE was fun, but was a shortened version of KOTOR in ancient China :lol

I played KOTOR 1, one of my favorite PC games so far :) Only thing I didn't like was the number of levels (8). Granted they were fairly large, I still would like to see more worlds in KOTOR 3 (there better be a Kotor 3 ::D) and hopefully improved graphics.

they are both good xbox games but in the end i vote for KOTOR because of two things. one i like RPGS more. and two i got wayyyy more play time out of it.

Dray said:
I feel that KOTOR was a one hit wonder and bioware is having trouble duplicating its success
(lmao, I'm bringing this topic way back from the dead, but I just can't let this go, lest I give up my status as a BioWare fanboy :lol)

BioWare had already made three highly acclaimed, and excellent RPG's before Kotor came out. Baldur's Gate 1/2, and Neverwinter Nights are some of the best RPG's you will find, period.

BioWare's name is on the two highest rated RPG's of all time, Kotor, and Baldur's Gate 2, and every one of their games, with the exclusion of Jade Empire has scored higher than a 90% on Gamerankings. To call Kotor a one hit wonder is a truly a huge misconception.
Dray said:
KOTOR 2 didn't live up to the original IMO
It wasn't made by BioWare.

EDIT: I think Kotor is better than Jade Empire, for the record.

what do you guys think about me buying jade empire? i mean, i need something to play for the next 2-3 weeks while my 360 is getting repaired! its only $8, and i was a fan of fable (looks similar?) so it seems like a good buy......thoughts?

Not even close to Fable...but still a good Action-RPG. I loved it when I had it. Have you ever played KOTOR?