Knight of the Old Republic

Well, I never played 2 yet, but most people agree that 1 is without a doubt the best. I know I sure love it! It's definitely one of Xbox's best games.

HANDS DOWN KotOR 1. The first one is the best RPG of ALL TIME in my opinion. The second one was good accept the ending sucked and it needed more beta testing. 8)

I thought certain characters, Like Atton Rand, had a darker feel to them and i liked that.
But KOTOR 1 surpasses KOTOR II, no competition
:D

Mai Valentine said:
KotoR II wasn't even done by BioWare, which is why a difference in quality is noticeable.
Kotor II was done by Obsidian, though, and the bulk of Obsidian's employees were from Black Isle Studios, who made Fallout, and many other really good RPG's. From what I've heard, the problem was that Lucasarts rushed Kotor II out far too fast so it could be released during the holiday season, so there was no time for beta testing, which is why the game had so many glitches, and I believe it also caused problems with the ending. Obsidian scrapped the original ending to the game very close to the game's release, and, because Lucasarts made them rush it, they had no time to make it all it could have been.

Anyone playing? I'm at the part where I have to try to be a padawan. I gottta get to the groves and stop the darkness in igt.

GamingMaiden said:
Anyone playing? I'm at the part where I have to try to be a padawan. I gottta get to the groves and stop the darkness in igt.
I just played through last month. (I needed something to hold me off 'till Mass Effect).

Anyways, enjoy the weird catwoman you're about to be stuck with. :lol

Aww......that's going to suck. :'( I heard a rumor about this game that your characters can have a relationship....is that true? My friend told me. :-\

GamingMaiden said:
Aww......that's going to suck. :'( I heard a rumor about this game that your characters can have a relationship....is that true? My friend told me. :-\
Yeah. If you're male, there's a romance sidequest Bastilla, female, Carth, and you can also romance Juhani (catwoman thing), if you're female...yeah, weird I know. *shudders*

I started a new game a bit ago and just got to the "catwoman" part, too. At first I didn't like her in battle, but if you give her some dark side powers she can be really helpful in fights. I have her equipped with a Dark Jedi robe and a double bladed light saber, she looks pretty cool now, too.

KOTOR was a definitely more complete and all around better game than KOTOR 2, however a team is working on rebuilding KOTOR 2 fixing all the glitches and adding content that was in development but was not put into the final version of the game

here's the link, I think this version will give KOTOR a run for its money

http://www.team-gizka.org/

probably the only downside is the fact that it will only be available for the PC

Dray said:
KOTOR was a definitely more complete and all around better game than KOTOR 2, however a team is working on rebuilding KOTOR 2 fixing all the glitches and adding content that was in development but was not put into the final version of the game
Does that include a non crappy ending?

GamingMaiden said:
Can't find the catlady. I'm STUCK. :(

Have you found her yet? Just keep running around that grove area and you will find her sitting by some ruins.