Adventure Games

Joined Jun 2004
5K Posts | 0+
North America
It seems like every year around Christmas time I always end up playing through an adventure game. Last year I spent a good chunk of Christmas holidays playing Twilight Princess, and the year before that Conker: Live and Reloaded kept me amused. This year, however, I've been sorely deprived of an epic adventure, and I've got some gift certificates that need to spent, so help me out.

What's the best adventure game you played for the Xbox? If someone posts up your favorite then post your second or third favorite so I get a bunch of different ideas. I'm craving a good old fashioned adventure game, so let me know what titles you guys think would hit the spot. (note: no need to mention Psychonauts, Chronicles of Riddick, original Fable, KOTOR, or Jade Empire)

action/adventure or RPG? Recently i've been playing the Prince of Persia series. I bought PoP: SoT and PoP: WW for like $20 all together at game stop and then you get one free.. which i got ninja gaiden black. but i was craving and action/adventure game and PoP really hit the spot for me

Adventure, as in Myst, and Grim Fandango?

For that, the only things you'll ever find for the Xbox is Syberia 1/2.

The choice is clear; Ninja Gaiden Black. It is the best adventure game on Xbox, if not the best {offline} xbox game ever made. Replay value is huge, and once you beat it you unlock "mission mode" which is like another 50 hours of gameplay. The game definitely feels old fashion in the sense that it features massive enemies, massive weapons, steep learning curve, and excellent level design with cool platforming elements.

x2 said:
The choice is clear; Ninja Gaiden Black. It is the best adventure game on Xbox, if not the best {offline} xbox game ever made. Replay value is huge, and once you beat it you unlock "mission mode" which is like another 50 hours of gameplay. The game definitely feels old fashion in the sense that it features massive enemies, massive weapons, steep learning curve, and excellent level design with cool platforming elements.

and massively difficult! Bring ur "A" game if you buy this. It was hard to me. But maybe i just suck, i dont know.

No, you don't suck, the game is hard! The game takes a little patience at first to get the hang of combat, but after that it gets really fun. The bosses are also really tough at first, but like most games theres always a little trick or tactic to defeating them.

akuza said:
action/adventure or RPG?

Either or really. Although I would prefer action/adventure, I'm open to some RPG elements.

Homicidal Cherry53 said:
Adventure, as in Myst, and Grim Fandango?

No, adventure as in Zelda or Conker.

x2 said:
The choice is clear; Ninja Gaiden Black.

I thank you for your suggestion, and correct me if I'm wrong in saying this, but isn't that game more or less just going from one level to the next? Ninja Gaiden is definitely on my radar, but I was looking for something that involved a little more exploration, and a little less of a linear path.

fhqwhgads said:
Doesn't seem like you had an epic adventure last year, either.

No, not in the end anyway. But at the time I had hopes it would turn into an epic adventure, so even though the game failed to do that I still got my fix.

Hey Stealth, I know what you mean but the game doesn't play out like that. I think you're thinking it plays like Timesplitters where you literally go from one level to another. Ninja Gaiden plays more like Metal Gear or Zelda then anything. There is lots of platforming and exploring in the game and you even do a bit of backtracking later on. Even if you don't get it this time just make sure to get it eventually, it's too good to be missed out on :)

Homicidal Cherry53 said:
Hmm...ever think of giving Kotor 2 a try?

I have. 5 hours in I just couldn't justify spending more time on it.

x2 said:
Hey Stealth, I know what you mean but the game doesn't play out like that. I think you're thinking it plays like Timesplitters where you literally go from one level to another. Ninja Gaiden plays more like Metal Gear or Zelda then anything. There is lots of platforming and exploring in the game and you even do a bit of backtracking later on. Even if you don't get it this time just make sure to get it eventually, it's too good to be missed out on :)

Hmmm, you've definitely peaked my interest for this game. Still, if anyone has any more suggestions, I've got two or three days before I'm gonna pick up a game, so the more options I have the better.

Yeah there was one part in Ninja Gaiden where i had to back track and it took me an hour to finish what i forgot to do. It was fun though. I cant really think of any other games besides Prince of Persia and Ninja Gaiden though.

@cherry, he didnt say point and click, he said adventure

try

fable
and...

yeah, thats about it..

Hinesmdc said:
yeah, buy cherry thought he was talking about only P&C...
Dude, point and click adventure is really the only adventure. Everything else is action-adventure. (yes, I'm being really nitpicky right now :lol)

Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

No, I'm serious.

Or if you're not a fan of Buffy, try Indiana Jones.

Both games were done by the same company and were pretty good, IMO.

Beyond Good and Evil and Morrowind, if you haven't already played them on another platform. There's also Bard's Tale, but I haven't played that one yet.