Gameboy Pocket Gaming Again!!

Joined Feb 2007
2K Posts | 0+
Kentucky, US
There is something about that simple addicting gameplay of the original Gameboy games. They actually captured the fun of the NES in those little carts.

I have spent the last two weeks playing those original games on my Gameboy Pocket. It has inspired me to purchase games that I missed. Those games have started rolling in through the mail.
I have picked up,
Revenge of the Gator (Great little pinball game)
Bonk Adventures (Got the Japanese version, great platformer)
Burai Fighter (Japanese version,Good solid shump that was overshadowed by the biggies back in its day)
Alfred Chicken (slaughtered by critics but I find it very enjoyable to play)
I, presently, am waiting for Link's Awakening. For some reason I never was able to get a hold of this one back during those "Golden Years" of handheld gaming.
Going to look around for more games. I want to build up my library. I only have around 37 titles. Half of those games have been purchased in the last ten years. I spent most of my time on the Gradius games. Also Metroid, Operation C, Pokemon, and Mario. The advancement in technology, release of Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, etc, interupted my collecting some of those earlier titles. My Gameboy color library is even smaller. Added "The Mummy" to that only this week.

It is soooooo much fun being retro! ;)

I remember revenge of the gator, it was one of my first Gameboy games. Never played Alfred Chicken but I understand because I absolutely adored the Attack of the Killer Tomatoes game as well as Ducktales.

Been playing Defender today. I find this game is always fun to play.

I am back with my pocket this week. Been playing Parodius, Nemesis, F1 Racing, and a Japanese game I got recently, Hammerin' Harry -Ghost Building Company. You control a chibi guy with a fan as a weapon and powers up to a mace. A platformer that is a lot of fun to play, no need to know the language.