retro pi

Joined Jul 2004
1K Posts | 1+
Bmount
Has anyone built one of these?

I realize there's every emulator imaginable for pc floating around right now but something in me what to make one of these anyway. Maybe do some customer work on an old broken Nintendo or dreamcast, or the wood grain Atari 2600 and have a novelty piece.

My Linux is really rusty so I wasn't an early adopter of the raspberry pi but now it looks like there's a tutorial out there for just about anything you could imagine.

I have a raspberry pi that I got for Christmas but I haven't done anything with it yet. I've thought about making an emulation station but the novelty wears off on me quickly. Mostly because I can install emulators much quicker and with better support on my regular PC.

But it's a good way to get your feet wet with Linux though.

I have often gotten interested, but I own the hardware and games for what I love to play. I sort-of get right on the edge of wanting to get my feet wet, then I sort-of just loose interest. I have looked up the cost of getting everything more times than I can remember. I guess I am just lazy. :lol

The raspberry is what I have mostly checked out.

I use Linux on my ThinkPad and my Desktop, so I am familiar with the nuances.

I was worried I'd do something like creepin and get one and just leave it in a closet or something. My "rainy day" projects and games have become a collection in their own right.

I bought one anyway. I figure it would be something I can let my 5 year old put together and take ownership of. It'll be worth the fun just letting him build a case for it out of legos, and teaching him how to spell sudo

I finally got around to putting this together and I must say the playstation controller works really well with it. The games that comes with the retropie os are pretty vanilla but work well in HD. I've yet to play anything else though. I think the urge to tinker with a raspberry pi has past...