I got an extra N64 now...

Joined Jun 2005
7K Posts | 0+
Louisburg, NC, USA
Tonight while picking up my kidlets at my sister's house, I got to talking to her boyfriend about games and whatnot because his PS2 decided to take the long sleep. And he suddenly said, "Hey, do you know anyone who wants an N64?" I said no, and that I already had one. He was bummed a bit and said that it was the clear green one, and that it had all the fixin's. Memory card. Four green controllers. Expansion pack. You know, the mean AND the potatoes.

Well, it got me interested and I asked how much. He said $75. I asked when he wanted payment. He said whenever, and it didn't matter to him.

So now I have a green N64 and a gray one. The games included in the deal are Yoshi's Story, Star Wars Shadow Empire, Super Mario 64, and Mario Party.

I'm thinking of boxing up my gray one and sending it off to my wife's cousin's house. He's a gamer and a half, and would most likely put it to good use.

Now, was this deal worth it???

i say so

i like to play N64 every now and then it brings back memories :D

also you have put me in the mood to play super smash bros now

Well, I fired up "Lil' Green" today and played some Super Mario 64. Me likey. Me likey a lot.

I had actually never played this game before. And I should kick myself for never taking notice.

Did I mention that the green N64 actually looks better in person than it does in pictures??

quit telling me of your good gaming deals!!!! :lol

MAN! :lol

Good get :)

†B†V† :hat

Bluevoodu said:
quit telling me of your good gaming deals!!!! :lol

MAN! :lol

Good get :)

So I take it that it was a good deal..?

How many of each color was released anyways??

Dart said:
So I take it that it was a good deal..?

How many of each color was released anyways??
It's not a bad deal... i've seen better... BUT the thing to be looking for are the conditions, and completenesses...
Were the games in box with manual and in nice condition?

If everything was complete and all... Mario 64 and Mario party have decent values. Shadows of the empire has been going up slightly the last few months. The demand for that game spiked a bit. People are finally realizing that it was a great game!

Nah. The games are cart only. The console has all the parts including the expansion pack. If the box was present, I'd say that the console would be mint, as theer are no scratches or anything. All four controllers are also color matching.

hm... $75 might be a bit too much... but if so... it's not much.

It's getting hard to find NICE N64 system with good clean used controllers. Clean controllers can hit around $9-14 each. system w/ expansion... nm and clean $35 or around there.

But I say you still did pretty good.

It was ok.I'm not sure if I would pay that much for that stuff now.But if I had never played an N64 or any of those games,then sure,it wasn't half bad.If I didn't spend it on that stuff I probably would have spent it on one or two newer system games that would have been less fun,so it's a worthy deal

Bluevoodu said:
It's not a bad deal... i've seen better... BUT the thing to be looking for are the conditions, and completenesses...
Were the games in box with manual and in nice condition?

If everything was complete and all... Mario 64 and Mario party have decent values.  Shadows of the empire has been going up slightly the last few months.  The demand for that game spiked a bit.  People are finally realizing that it was a great game!

I didn't care for Shadows of the Empire.......but I could probably get one from a friend in a few weeks, though. How much could I get for it?

Well, from the N64 standpoint, I figured that it was a decent deal. But looking at the big picture, I also got Kingdom hearts II with the Bradygames manual for $15 extra. I knew that the KH game was the big deal. I actully wanted the N64 also simply because it was green. :lol

He was actually going to give me Super Mario 64 before we started talking about the other stuff.

75? hmmm too much for my blood...but if you're happy with that, that's fine man, 4 controllers and such..not too shabby

Manson2 said:
I didn't care for Shadows of the Empire.......but I could probably get one from a friend in a few weeks, though.  How much could I get for it?
For sales questions.. please do contact me via email :)