console

My Sega genesis shipped today. Soon I will have a shiny Genesis to accompany my Master System, Saturn and Dreamcast!! I also have the 32X to sit on top of my Genny. Soon I will have a Sega CD. Then I will have ALL the consoles!!!!!!!

Now if Sega would only come up with a new 360 killer to dominate... :rockin

Actually the one I need is a Master System. I have the Genesis/32X/Sega CD contaption, a Saturn, and a Dreamcast, as well as a Game Gear.

Ebay si where I scored my Master System. You can sometimes find them cheap. Mine was $20 with shipping because it lacked a power cord, which was remedied by a drive to Radio Shack. Games on the other hand can be a pain in the butt to locate. On Ebay sometimes you can find a good selection, but the auctions can quickly get out of control. I have found 13 games total in Tucson last summer. I haven't checked again since though.

I wish BV would start offering SMS stuff... :hh

That wouldn't be a problemo. There is a shop in Chicago that has a little bit of everything. They've got a few SMS on hand as well as a nice assortment of games for it. I even saw a Neo Geo CD the last time I was there, but that was running for a bit more than I can afford right now.

If you get an SMS, then there are a few must have games for you. Choplifter, Space Harrier, Altered Beast, and Rambo: First Blood Part II. I've also heard that Rampage was pretty cool on the SMS. Arguably better than the NES version.

Dart said:
I wish BV would start offering SMS stuff...  :hh

:lol working on it :) When I'm able to get back in the groove.... you'll see a BIG bump at the store. I am working on my next push right now. Should take the store over 1000 in stock items. I am getting to it again tonight.

ACTUALLY.. I had a chance at some brand new Brazillian Tec Toy SMS systems... they were nice. They had some games hard coded into the system.. I think 20. They were officially licensed I believe.

hey tommy, if you ever nee Neo CD games, just let me know :)

Bv :hat

Hurry up BV!! That's one system that I love playing, and I love finding odd games for it.

Bluevoodu said:
:lol working on it :) When I'm able to get back in the groove.... you'll see a BIG bump at the store. I am working on my next push right now. Should take the store over 1000 in stock items. I am getting to it again tonight.

ACTUALLY.. I had a chance at some brand new Brazillian Tec Toy SMS systems... they were nice. They had some games hard coded into the system.. I think 20. They were officially licensed I believe.

hey tommy, if you ever nee Neo CD games, just let me know :)

Bv :hat

Might need a Neo Geo CD system first. I've become a collector as well as player. The Neo Geo systems are the ones I covet most but so do many others which is why they go for crazy prices on ebay.

Post #100. WooHoo, hooray for me. :lol

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't this the Sega section of this here Sears catalog, and not the Neo Geo CD section?? :shame

Yes it is, and I apologize. Back on topic.

Okay yesterday I took all my handhelds out of my backpack and stuffed it with my new Genny 1 that I picked up from BV. During lunch I tested all the games I have purchased in the last week. I was almost bummed when the first game I stuck in didn't work. I pulled it out, did the NES trick, and stuffed the cart back in. I was rewarded with the sound of Earthworm Jim stretching his bionic muscles!!

Thanks again BV for the Genesis. I even shocked my wife when I purchased Ecco the Dolphin. She used to dominate that game back in the day. Maybe sometime she'll show me some tricks in playing that game. :D

Dart said:
If you get an SMS, then there are a few must have games for you. Choplifter, Space Harrier, Altered Beast, and Rambo: First Blood Part II. I've also heard that Rampage was pretty cool on the SMS. Arguably better than the NES version.

Don't forget Shinobi and the Alex Kidd games. Plus Wonderboy, you gotta have Wonderboy!

Dart....Ecco is a great game....altough I didn't get too far..it's still a good game. You feel free and you actually feel....as awkward as this sounds....like a freakin Dolphin!

Yeah I played it for a few minutes to test it out. I was mainly playing Earthworm Jim. :D

MegaDrive20XX said:
Don't forget Shinobi and the Alex Kidd games. Plus Wonderboy, you gotta have Wonderboy!

I did forget those!! I have Shinobi, so I should have known better. Alex the Kid and Wonderboy I forgot because it's been years since I played those games!!

guitarwizard said:
So is anyone still interested in a new Sega console?

I want Sega to make a new console. I haven't stopped liking Sega, so I would buy it for sure.