What are N64s worth these days?

Joined Mar 2008
20 Posts | 0+
What is a N64 worth if it has 2 controllers and a mint game with box and instruction manual?

Well, that would depend on the game..what is the game?

I think I saw a n64 for 15 bucks not too long ago.

(But I think you should save your n64 forever cuz it is the coolest system ever)

Warrior876 said:
What is a N64 worth if it has 2 controllers and a mint game with box and instruction manual?

I'd look for maybe $40-50 or close to that.

with box and instructions, $30 - 40 at retail.

Depends on your buyer, you might not get that though. Used games and systems have been selling cheaper lately.

$30-40 is a good figure though... as long as everything works and is clean.

Bv :hat

mrs_enigma said:
Well, that would depend on the game..what is the game?

I think I saw a n64 for 15 bucks not too long ago.

(But I think you should save your n64 forever cuz it is the coolest system ever)
Mario Kart
And, I'm actually looking to buy :D.

Well, if you are looking to buy..the game stores by me were selling n64s for 15 bucks with one controller. I am not sure how much an extra controller used is, but I would guess 5 to 7 bucks.

As to the game though..that prolly costs more. I bet it is like 20 or 25, but I don't know...but some of the cool n64 games still cost quite a bit.

You could prolly get a good idea of how much things are worth by looking on ebay.

usually i see them in used game stores for $19.99. That includes console with one controller and all hookups.. i dk how much an extra controller would be but mario kart i have see from $6.99 - $9.99 . Most GOOD n64 titles willl sell for $9.99

akuza said:
usually i see them in used game stores for $19.99. That includes console with one controller and all hookups.. i dk how much an extra controller would be but mario kart i have see from $6.99 - $9.99 . Most GOOD n64 titles willl sell for $9.99
they sell for $9.99 cart only though... if you start getting them more complete and in better condition... they are more expensive.

†B†V† :hat

akuza said:

Are you serious! That is so cheap for Mario Kart.

Hinesmdc said:
Free, basically.
Get me one for free :lol

Well there is a store by my house has them for $30 with one controller, and an extra controller is $10. It is sort of ridiculous that an extra controller is that much. They have games that range from $2-$30.

NickThePunk said:
Get me one for free :lol

Well there is a store by my house has them for $30 with one controller, and an extra controller is $10. It is sort of ridiculous that an extra controller is that much. They have games that range from $2-$30.

Most stores around here (well, I gotta drive 40 min to get to the stores, but tyhat is "around here") stopped selling em, cuz most of the stores are gamestops and EB games. Although preplayed still sells all the systems and so does this lil family run type operatioon, but the prices on games are like what you mentioned 2-30 bucks. The 2 dollar ones are sports titles though, and most games are 10-20 bucks still.

That's why you need Retro places! Like mine!

MEGAAAAAAAA MEGGGG!!!! TO THE RESCUE!

Honestly, I don't know why these companies just stop cold turkey on many retro games. It's a crying shame, but there's millions of games out there, just waiting for good homes. Now they are sitting in a warehouse, collecting dust or being destroyed for recycling purposes..

MegaDrive20XX said:
That's why you need Retro places! Like mine!

MEGAAAAAAAA MEGGGG!!!! TO THE RESCUE!

Honestly, I don't know why these companies just stop cold turkey on many retro games. It's a crying shame, but there's millions of games out there, just waiting for good homes. Now they are sitting in a warehouse, collecting dust or being destroyed for recycling purposes..

Yeah, it is very sad! But...there is hope, and it is called Craigslist! No, but seriously guys, I see some insane deals on there everyday. I remember a bit back I saw some dude selling 4 Dreamcasts with controllers for like $30. You can almost find a N64 with accessories and games for less than $30 daily, as well..... So, just keep an eye out and a deal will come your way!

fhqwhgads said:
Even modern sports titles are insanely cheap. New Madden 08 = $60. New Madden 07 = $8

That's because most people who play sports games regularly are most likely sports fans and like updated rosters and stuff.

fhqwhgads said:
Yeah, the second a new one comes out, the old one is outdated instantly.

Yeah it's so ridiculous haha. I used to be huge into sports so whenever a new game came out I would need it right away, but now I found music and haven't been into sports in about 3 or 4 years :lol.