Starwars Episode 1 podracing

Joined Jul 2007
12 Posts | 0+
Detroit
i forgwt the exact title of the game but my cousin had it and i always it was just about one of the best games not alone for the N64 but for the entire era. i dont understand why everyones always ripping into it and why it gets bad reviews. i loved that game.

Escudo56 said:
i forgwt the exact title of the game but my cousin had it and i always it was just about one of the best games not alone for the N64 but for the entire era. i dont understand why everyones always ripping into it and why it gets bad reviews. i loved that game.

I agree, the only thing the PC version had over it were some very pretty CG cutscenes. Episode 1 Podracer was the best Star Wars game on 64, better than Rogue Squadron even.

I think people's biggest problem with it is that the podracing scene in Star Wars Episode I (let's face it, the only good scene in the film) was basically just an ad for the game.

hammerofdawn said:
I agree, the only thing the PC version had over it were some very pretty CG cutscenes. Episode 1 Podracer was the best Star Wars game on 64, better than Rogue Squadron even.
LIES!!!

hammerofdawn said:

I think people's biggest problem with it is that the podracing scene in Star Wars Episode I (let's face it, the only good scene in the film) was basically just an ad for the game.
Okay, have to comment against there. Podracing was certainly one of the best of the games that came out on the N64, but I'm not sure if it trualy riveled Rogue Squadron. Then again, Rogue Squadron was a much easier to complete game and contained less depth, to speak. So in consideration of gameplay and HIGH SPEED RACES, I gues podracing really is one of the best.
peronsally though, I did prefer Rogue Squadron over the Podracing. Guess I like flying though. :)

Abendigo said:
i've always seen it get good reviews
the people like it because it was very fast
No, it demanded quick reactions, as it had crappy pop up. It truly tested hand eye coordination.

That was my favorite race game beacuse it was so much faster and more intense then anything else around at the time. I was so mad when the sequal to that basically ruined the game

hammerofdawn said:

I will agree. the N64 version looked really good. I know the PC version looked a little bit better... but honestly... I think the Nintendo 64 Version was done VERY well.

Does anyone remember the N64 Star Wars Pod Racer System Set?

†B†V† :hat