Sega 32X what good 32X games are there?

Joined May 2004
13K Posts | 1+
Indiana
list your favorite 32x games... or at least ones that are good and that you like.

I am curious as to which ones are good or not.

†B†V† :hat

I've yet to find one! I've bought loads of sega cd/32x games and I'm STILL looking for something decent!

night trap was a 32x game? I thought it was sega cd?

Theres a 32X version, Sega CD version, and 3DO version.

With the 3DO version being the best.

I've got all versions of that game and I hate them equally! I went out and bought them once I heard about how parents were trying to get them banned and of course when parents do junk like that it just makes me want that game that much more!

targetrasp said:
I've got all versions of that game and I hate them equally!  I went out and bought them once I heard about how parents were trying to get them banned and of course when parents do junk like that it just makes me want that game that much more! 

I thought the shadow squadron was good (make that I heard it was good), you didn't like that one Target?

I think I owned Shadow Squadron (not that I remember it). Best 32X game would have to be DOOM. Oh and Knucles Chaotix.:)

Doom, eh? thats good?
I have not played the 32X version.. but I have played the snes, jag, psx, pc (best of course), N64, and other doom versions.

The N64 version of DOOM was really good too. DOOM was kinda my thing back in the day. We use to play Castle Wolfenstein during agriculture class in high school (shows how concerned about high school I was).

But I mean, the game just really rocked. I think I played the PSX version too, but I think the cartridge DOOMs were the best. Even after all these years, DOOM is still the king of 3d shooters.

winter said:
The N64 version of DOOM was really good too. DOOM was kinda my thing back in the day. We use to play Castle Wolfenstein during agriculture class in high school (shows how concerned about high school I was).

But I mean, the game just really rocked. I think I played the PSX version too, but I think the cartridge DOOMs were the best. Even after all these years, DOOM is still the king of 3d shooters.
YEAH!! king of the shooters :lol

I agree on that! I used to be a BIG doom 2 fanatic. I used to play on Dwango...etc.. :woot

man...... what fun times!

There is a new doom that has been released (I believe J doom) and it works better with the newer systems of today... especially multiplayer. I need to get the link and check it out!

I reckon the games worth owning a 32x for are

Stellar Assault (Shadow Squadron in the US)
Chaotix
Kolibri
Motherbase

But the king of the pile has to be Darxide. Basically its an asteroids type game in that you fly your ship and have to stop asteroids/aliens flying towards your base. Seriously tough indeed. Also only released in Pal (by David Brabyn of elite fame no less) and very very rare indeed. In my year and a half of retro collecting I have seen one copy only (cart only as well) and it cost me a fortune. So if you ever see it for $5 buy buy buy buy buy (or even $50)

:D

Ok my top favorite 32X Titles were

Virtua Fighter <--- don't you dare leave home without it!
Knuckles Chaotix <-- wonderful piece of work!
DOOM <-- who didn't have this? It was like a free sample of soap in the mail!
Mortal Kombat 2 (probably one of the finest ports of the Arcade verison, it's like the SNES cousin almost)
Space Harrier <-- one of the BEST classic ports I have seen!
Primal Rage <--- WAY better then Genesis or SNES and so much closer to the arcade
Afterburner <--- finally, a perfect port!
Blackthorne <--- omg this was so nice!

Knuckles Chaotix was quite good, easily the best-looking 2D sonic game. Not the most creative/fun... but from a technical standpoint, it was impressive. Doom of course rocked. Virtua Racing was nice, but started showing its age. I found the MotoCross game to be mildly entertaining, but did not show off the 32x's power (perhaps that's an oxymoron).

Overall, the system was pretty crappy.

star wars is decent...so is spider man web of fire..if you can get used to the slippery controlls :)

i gota liek say taht my fav game 4 32x is knuckles chaotix.  and if liek sum1 can find me a copy of taht game i wil buy it from tehm 4 quite a bit of $.  teh only games 4 32x im able to come acros these days r doom, sum cycle game taht no1 lieks, sum fightin game taht no1 lieks, MK2 wich pwns, nbajam wich is kinda kool if ya liek sports games.  so if any1 has taht game and is wiling to sell it tak 2 me.

Knuckles' Chaotix is one of the very few 32X games on my to get list, but it is usually far too expensive to justfy.

I currently have Virtua Racing and Star Wars: The Arcade Game. Neither are anything much to write home about, which kinda sums up the 32X all round!

Sorry SEGA, love ya n all that, but the 32X was pretty darn weak.

I love Knuckles Chaotix! If you want a COMPLETE copy, yes it's pricy. Yet, if a cart only? $20 or less sometimes.

I love the 32X personally, it's so affordable now :lol Primal Rage and Mortal Kombat 2 look great, until I pop in AFTERBURNER, SPACE HARRIER, and VIRTUA FIGHTER <3 Oh man, endless days! It breaks my heart, they canned OUTRUN for it. :( Regardless, the small library of goodies is nice!