Arcade Memories

Joined Jan 2009
25 Posts | 0+
Ny
Just checkin out the arcade forum. Trying to bring some life to it. Anyways tho, I can remember like 10-15 years ago, arcades were still alive and active. During that time, what games did u used to love ?? Here's some of mine...

I used to love this superman game. Can't remember the name of it, but it might've just been called superman.

There was this punisher and nick fury game that was real good.

The x men arcade game

Tekken games

Time crisis

Silent scope

I'd give anything to find one last time, a 6 player dedicated cabinet to the X-men Arcade game! I've only seen the 4 player models, but the rare 6 player cabinets had 2 plexi-glass panels and 6 controllers attached to it. Never again have I seen such an awesome brawler with the ability to have 6 PLAYERS at ONE TIME.

My favs during the late 90's it was

Marvel Vs. Capcom
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2
Marvel Super Heroes Vs. Street Fighter
X-Men Vs. Street Fighter
Street Fighter Alpha 1 and 2
Killer Instinct
Mortal Kombat 3
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
Virtua Fighter

My Favorite Arcade games in the early 90's

Mortal Kombat II
Primal Rage
Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting
Ghost Pilots
Samurai Shodown
World Heroes 2 Jet
Simpsons The Arcade Game
X-Men the Arcade game

In the 80's it was

Double Dragon
TMNT The Arcade
BAD DUDES Vs. the Ninja Clan
Black Tiger
MERCS
Space Harrier
Outrun
Afterburner (The giant cabinet that would SHAKE when you crash was SO awesome lol)
Galaga
Galaxian
Donkey Kong
Pac-Man
Ms. Pac-Man
Pole Position
Final Fight
Centipede
Mario Bros. The Arcade

The one that stands out for me would have to be when our local arcade got Street Fighter in. You wouldn't believe how many quarters and curse words it took for me and the fellas to figure out how to do a basic fireball! It's hard to believe now. lol

Some arcade memories can be found for me in games like,
Starblade (Don't know why but this game was so addictive to me back then, maybe it was because you climbed into the little cab with the controls being more than buttons.)
San Francisco Rush,Ridge Racer, Sega Rally Championship, & Daytona USA (steering wheel control, loved it)
Outrun (couldn't get enough of this)
Stun Runner (Loved the sitting on the cycle and playing)
Raiden, After Burner, and there were other shooters but I cannot remember the names. There were other driving games and of course the fighters. At the time, gradually, consoles became my main source of gaming. When I think about it, over the years with the massive amount of gaming to be involved in on the consoles, I have easily forgotten a lot of games I found captivating back then. Some I experienced for the first time on a console then went out looking for it in the arcades. Had to play the original.

If they had a modern day console that its main gaming source was nothing but arcade classics from the 80s & 90s, updated graphics, I would be the first in line.

The Simpsons, Captain American and the Avengers, Sunset Riders, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Nam 75, I was pretty crazy about the quarter crunching side scrolling beat-em-ups, still am If I had the room for another arcade cab one of these would be in my house. My nam 75 cabinent is in my little brother's house (if he's not pawned it) because two kids take up a lot of space.