Virtual Console & WiiWare release master thread

Re: 4 goodies added to Wii's Virtual Console (Feb 19th, 2007)

MegaDrive20XX said:
DONKEY KONG COUNTRY SNES! woot! You were right Griff!

Hey Wishes do come true, + TMNT comes out next monday (AWSOME)

Re: Ocarina of Time!!!

lol

i already have 2 copies fo it for gamecube, and 2 for n64, so i wont get it

and plus, i dont have any wii points

Virtual Console release master thread

Bio-Hazard Battle (Genesis)
Chew Man Fu (TG16)
The Legend of Zelda: Orcarina of Time (N64)

Fair warning, Zelda OoT takes a BIG chunk of flash memory...I had 1110...it's now at 824...286 blocks in total...but it only takes 1 block to create a save file...at least Nintendo got that part right

Re: Ocarina of Time!!!

Okay, here's my quick run down about Zelda OoT. It is a DIRECT PORT from the N64, nothing fancy like the Zelda OoT port on GameCube. However, the graphics seem to be a bit polished-up. Saving the game is quick and easier just like the N64 original. Only downside is this game sucks up alot of internal memory (which I posted about in another thread).

Controls are exactly like the GameCube version however, you have to use the right thumb stick to play the Orcarina...OR you can use Y and X as the left and right C buttons...but the middle C button can be either ZR or ZL

I noticed some sound issues, but you rarely hear them, except when you go into the sub-menu or walk out of a door. (These sounds are caused by sound chip collision during porting, which happened to Majora's Mask on N64 when it was put on a GameCube disc)...however in this Zelda OoT, it's extremely minor and will not effect your enjoyment.

Is it worth it? Yes, simply because it's Zelda OoT. Yet if you already own a copy of this on Cube or N64..then don't bother. The game does handle very smoothly I must say.

Re: 3 Titles added today for Wii's Virtual Console (Feb 26th)

Thanks for the update Mega!! (Downloading OoT now)

Today Hudson Soft has confirmed that...

Namco's TurboGrafx 16 horrorfest, "SPLATTERHOUSE" is reborn on Wii's Virtual Console this March.

Go get'em Rick....

Re: SPLATTERHOUSE for Wii's Virtual Console (The TG16 Horrorfest returns)

Intresting pick for the Wii :)

Re: SPLATTERHOUSE for Wii's Virtual Console (The TG16 Horrorfest returns)

Never played it, looking forward!

From the Genesis we get, Sword of Vermillion (kind of silly, since it's on the Sega Genesis collection on PS2 and PSP)

SoV.gif

From the NES, the Taito classic, Elevator Action (Hey haven't seen this in a while...)

elevator_action.gif

and finally from the Super NES....my fav and I'm sure you'll like it too....(Yet it's on Capcom Classics Collection Vol. 1 on PS2/Xbox)

ghouls001.jpg

:D

Today's picks are:

Punch-Out!! NES

Bonk's REVENGE- TG16

Virtua Fighter 2- Genesis

Re: Wii's Virtual Console update 4/16/07

Punch Out!!!!

Wait, we get slightly different games here. Hopefully though, hopefully.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3158914

Gradius 3- SNES
Wonder Boy in Monster World-Genesis (the later sequel to Dragon's Curse from TG16)
Battle Lode Runner- TG16 (Rare chance to get this game, it was never released in the USA until now)

Action trio lands on Wii VC

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6169883.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;1

NES Castlevania
Super Nintendo Legend of the Mystical Ninja
TurboGrafx-16 Shockman

Re: Action trio lands on Wii VC

CastleVania NES? took them a good while, but I hope 3 shows up as well in the future. Mystical Ninja I can't wait to try and Shockman looks alot like Rocket Knight Adventures.