Virtual Console & WiiWare release master thread

May 9th, 2011

WiiWare

MDK2 (Interplay, 1 player, 1,000 Wii Points): A remake of a classic BioWare action game, in which you snipe as Kurt Hectic, combine junk into inventions as Dr. Hawkins, and shoot everything as the four-armed dog Max.

Re: Chrono Trigger on VC this Monday.

If I had my Wii hooked to the net, that would be one of my top choices from the VC.

May 16th, 2011. Time to go back in time with....

Virtual Console

Chrono-Trigger-Hitting-Virtual-Console-in-Japan2.jpg
(Square Enix, 1 Player, 800 Wii Points): You know, like Chrono Trigger? Time travel? Apocalypse and stuff? The End of Time? You probably know what you're dealing with, here.

WiiWare

Gabrielle's Ghostly Groove: Monster Mix (Natsume, 1-4 Players, 500 Wii Points): A gothic, cartoony rhythm game in the fashion of Ouendan, formerly released on Nintendo DS. It is adorable.
Lead the Meerkats Demo (Lapland Studio, 1 Player, 0 Wii Points, Full Version for 1,000 Wii Points): It's got the meerkat-leading action you crave, only in a smaller, free package. Do you have what it takes to tend to your meerkat flock? We're going to assume the answer is "no."

Re: Chrono Trigger on VC this Monday.

retro junkie said:
If I had my Wii hooked to the net, that would be one of my top choices from the VC.

yeah my folks have yet to hook up their Wii to the net :(