Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Yup. If you want compatibility with all of the VC games, then you need the *New* 3DS.

The reason for this is because it has more CPU power. Which apparently is needed so that ports run as accurately as possible.
I did end up buying Nova Covert Ops last week.

The nine missions add up to several hours of play time.  A few of the missions are two-part missions, so it is not overly short.  For the $14.99 price, I am pretty satisfied with the additional content.

Nova's additional equipment is pretty awesome, especially the plasma sword, plasma rifle, and jump jet pack (reaper style).

Overall, it is a worthy mission pack.  It has the feel of StarCraft II, but also feels like it has an injection of stealth mission fun that I would have expected from StarCraft: Ghost were it ever released.
Oddly, you need the "new" 3DS XL for the SNES games. I was going to purchase something, can't remember what, and it would not let me because I did not have the "new."
blaster master did seem different...
PC Games Discussion / Re: windows 10
« Last post by CreepinDeth on Today at 12:18:18 AM »
Awesome, thanks for the clarification!

Guess I know what I'm doing this weekend.
« Last post by retro junkie on July 22, 2017, 10:03:05 PM »
Zorin core is a free download. The Purchased Zorin premium edition is for businesses, a pay-for-support add ons. Something like that. I use the free version Zorin core. A home user doesn't need the paid version. And it is a fee for each purchased business edition. I am not sure of the length of time you get of the support.
Ports from the Virtual Console in general are darker than they originally were. The theory is Nintendo did this to reduce the possibility of causing seizures. Besides that, they're basically the same games you played. The sound might be a little off too but it's hard to notice unless you're doing side by side comparisons and it doesn't affect all games.
« Last post by CreepinDeth on July 22, 2017, 07:31:18 PM »
Cool. I build my own PCs so that shouldn't really be a problem for me. I do keep my older computers and eventually pass them down to my niece and nephew. I'll probably install Zorin for them.

I see that Zorin costs about $26 US. Not bad, much better price than Windows. Do you happen to know if that's a lifetime price or is that for each major version? I don't mind paying, just wondering what I get with that.
PC Games Discussion / Re: steam link / steam controller
« Last post by Grindspine on July 22, 2017, 07:08:29 PM »
Oh, yeah, I was replying to the more recent replies.  As far as customized controls, the Steam Controller, Dualshock 4 and some other high end controllers are more customizable.
PC Games Discussion / Re: steam link / steam controller
« Last post by CreepinDeth on July 22, 2017, 04:14:10 PM »
As much as I have really liked the Sony Dual Shock controllers.  I do not know if I could even get used to playing Skyrim, or most other controller-based games that I have on Steam, using anything but the 360 PC controller.

The main reason I offered it was because it can be customized just like a Steam Controller in Steam itself. If you don't want to get used to anything else, then feel free to stick with an Xbox controller. I'm fairly certain Skyrim has Xinput support. That's the beauty of PC gaming.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10