Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I'm wondering if  they can still be freely found in Japan. My brother in law is about to deploy in Japan and I'm considering asking him to keep an eye out for neo geo and nec stuff.

Do you know anything about availability, pricing, etc? I know a lot of old famicon games are pennies on the dollar as compared to their Nintendo counter parts, I'm wondering if similar is true... and if things are readily available over there.
That is so sad.
If you could list the things to do wrong in introducing a gaming system to the US market, they would be a good example to look at and learn. They knew their own turf, but was totally baffled when it came to the US market.
If NEC / Hudson had a better handle on the American market in the late 80's they could have given Nintendo a run for their money. NEC, for all their innovations in everything from video games to smart phones, sucked at the global market. At one point the tg was ahead of Nintendo and sega, but only in Japan. Their computers made up for 20% of the market, but only in Japan. Last I head they were being bought out and quietly changed to some other name that we'll probably never heard from again. RIP!
Fun & Games / Re: Last Movie(s) you've watched?
« Last post by targetrasp on September 19, 2017, 06:20:27 AM »
I saw that the advertisement (I guess  you call them advertisements) on Netflix and watched it on the spot.

I liked it but it felt a lot different. The dynamic between Light and the Shinigami seemed subdued but the casting for the Shinigami was perfect.
The 30 year anniversary of the NEC PC Engine is coming up next month. I plan on focusing my gaming toward that console to celebrate the tech. I'm talking about arcade shooter madness. The way that system entered my gaming heart and stayed. As I took the Turbo Grafx 16 off the shelf at a Toys-R-Us many many years ago, I never imagined that I held in my hands what would become my favorite gaming system of all time.
Site Support / Re: Server Upgrade Completed
« Last post by retro junkie on September 14, 2017, 08:09:37 PM »
I run by every day but don't take time to post.
General Discussion / Re: Post it, It Post, post all you can #2
« Last post by retro junkie on September 14, 2017, 08:02:50 PM »
Sinus beat me to the point of death since Sunday. Today was the first day that I felt like I would live. From what I am hearing it did this to most in the hurricane path. But the main force of it all fizzled out before it got to me with only rain.
Fun & Games / Re: What did you have for dinner last night?
« Last post by retro junkie on September 14, 2017, 05:31:01 PM »
Here in the next 45 minutes, when the beans get done, will be making homemade burritos.  :woot
Fun & Games / Re: What did you have for dinner last night?
« Last post by Grindspine on September 14, 2017, 12:34:36 PM »
I had the most brutal meal of NOTHING!
Fun & Games / Re: Last Movie(s) you've watched?
« Last post by Grindspine on September 14, 2017, 12:34:05 PM »
I watched the Death Note movie. 

I went back and watched the anime series after.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10