Blowout - Nintendo Gamecube

Joined May 2004
13K Posts | 1+
Indiana
Has anyone got to play this game?

I actually own it... but I am curious as to what you all think... that have played this game.

please drop your comments here.

†B†V† :hat

I am bumping an old thread... YES... but no one responded then, I want to see if anyone has played this game.

Back in the day is was a big discount title... launched that way...etc.

Did anyone play this game? If so... anyone enjoy it? Dislike it?

Post it up!

†B†V† :hat

You know...I came into this thread thinking you were having a blowout sale on Gamecube stuff... :lol.

Strubes said:
You know...I came into this thread thinking you were having a blowout sale on Gamecube stuff... :lol.

Yeah, that's what I thought, too. :lol

I don't think I've heard of the game. What is it about?

triple on that. Yeah I was like "Sale?? where?" :lol

Anyways, according to wikipedia, the game is a run/gun game. Has been compared to CONTRA or METAL SLUG. I've seen this game and it's on PS2 and Xbox as well. So I'll have to borrow it sometime, since I haven't seen the Cube edition in quite some time.

http://www.blowoutgame.com/index.htm <-- the old official site is still alive lol

*edit* After watching the trailer. It's 2D in a 3D world. Not too shabby.

Yeah... The game isn't too bad. I think I have a couple left in stock.

Just think of it as a decent home brew. Honestly, it has the look and feel of a good home brew.

There isn't a lot of replay value... But it is ok to go back to every once in awhile.

BV :hat

I played it back in the day, it's not a bad game, but it's not awesome either. It's like a cross between Metroid and Contra, with more focus on shooting everything and getting to the end then exploration (there are secrets with extra ammo and what not).