†B†V† :hat

Bluevoodu said:
man... thats definitely not true :)

sorry.. Snes killed the Genesis :lol

you shouldnt base it on having blood in the game

MegaDrive20XX said:
SNES killed it...but during 1989-1991....Sega was IT

Yeah you are right, I remember going to friends house and playing that thing all night.

MegaDrive20XX said:
SNES killed it...but during 1989-1991....Sega was IT
Thats because the Snes wasn't out yet... right?

all I know is that I played pilotwings forever :lol

SNES > Genesis for a number of reasons.

Graphics were alot better on SNES..just look at SNES version of Street Fighter 2 vs the Genesis version.

Sound on SNES was a million times better than Genesis.

Games were more innovative on SNES, no they were not bloody...but I'm sorry blood does not make a good game.

SNES had Dracula X, Killer Instinct, Zelda III, Castlevania IV, Super Mario World, Super Mario RPG, Squaresoft games..all of which were awesome, Super Street Fighter 2, Star Fox, Super Punchout, numerous Neo-Geo ports that were superior to the Genesis ports, Super Metroid, Final Fight.....the list goes on and on seemingly forever.

The genesis had Sonic, Gunstar Heroes, Castlevania Bloodlines, and bloody MK....thats about all that springs to mind for me. And I also should mention that even though MK had blood on Genesis its graphics were fairly ugly and small compared to the SNES. Also..MK was an aweful game anyways :lol

Once the MK games got somewhat decent with MK2 the blood was on the SNES games..so thats not really an issue.

I remember playing Donkey Kong on SNES. That game was sweet.

im not basing it on blood in games, im just saying that that was cool considering most of the games were uncensored ( AVP and MK)

I still think the genesis is better ::)

Kumavonmitsurugi said:
im not basing it on blood in games, im just saying that that was cool considering most of the games were uncensored ( AVP and MK)

I still think the genesis is better  ::)

AVP? ummm Alien Vs. Predator was only on SNES as a brawler...Genesis never had that game

really lol i guess my mind fails me....im getting kid a old :p

but i do know MK was on Genesis uncensored with was a +

Kumavonmitsurugi said:
really lol i guess my mind fails me....im getting kid a old  :p

but i do know MK was on Genesis uncensored with was a +
actually... the Snes version was the most identical (sans the blood) to the Arcade :)

Snes got the best ratings.

awww man dont get me started on Gun star heros. man that game was sooo much FUN. its about as clasic as it can get.

Well you are entitled to your opinion, but IMO SNES>>>>Genesis. I own both and enjoy the SNES more even to this day.

Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past is still the best 2D Zelda. It originated on the SNES.

Yoshi's Island is my favorite platformer ever. It originated on the SNES.

Super Metroid is considered by many to be one of the best in the series, and it originated on the SNES.

Besides those three, there's also great SNES games such as:
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Donkey Kong Country
DKC 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
DKC 3
Star Fox
F-Zero
Mario Paint
Super Mario All-Stars
Final Fantasy III (US)
Super Mario World
Mana series

well... the genesis did have some great games though :)

Golden Axe is definitely a killer one :)

Mai Valentine said:
Well you are entitled to your opinion, but IMO SNES>>>>Genesis. I own both and enjoy the SNES more even to this day.

Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past is still the best 2D Zelda. It originated on the SNES.

Yoshi's Island is my favorite platformer ever. It originated on the SNES.

Super Metroid is considered by many to be one of the best in the series, and it originated on the SNES.

Besides those three, there's also great SNES games such as:
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Donkey Kong Country
DKC 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
DKC 3
Star Fox
F-Zero
Mario Paint
Super Mario All-Stars
Final Fantasy III (US)
Super Mario World
Mana series

No offense man, but I think we should move this to the "Favorite SNES games" :lol

The megadrive destroys the snes because

a) It has better action games ie Gunstar Heroes and Probotector. Not even the snes contra efforts come close to these.

b) It has better shooters without a doubt. Thunderforce2-4, just to name 3 (I could name 30)

c) It has better fighters. Streets of Rage 2 is the best scrolling fighter there is. Final fight...poor mans choice. (check out Gourmet Sentai bara Yarou instead:)).As for sf2 ackula buddy..graphics don't make a game, sorry. Sure te md version isn't so good graphically..but playability wise its a lot better.

d) RPGs...Shining Force anyone??

e) Who was making the best arcade games at the time...um...sega!!! Which machine got all the ports of these great arcade games....the megadrive!

The only area the snes rules the md would perhaps be in the japanese scene, without a doubt tbh. The sheer array of novel, exciting and enjoyable games that are so typically japanese is staggering and its always a pleasure to stumble across a hidden gem.

But gaming, like most things, is about quality not quantity. Give me an md and 30 games over a full 1000+ sfc set up any day!