Author Topic: Nintendo Classic Mini  (Read 2131 times)

Offline targetrasp

• Marco
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Classic Mini
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2017, 09:34:07 AM »
I've definitely experimented with it but I just can't get around having that physical representation of my past in my hands. If I don't get a bigger place or start storing some of this stuff you may see me on a hoarders reality show in a few years.
?

Offline Grindspine

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2017, 09:45:57 PM »
I probably sound like a broken record at this point but I've given in to emulation for my retro needs. I refuse to pay these prices.

I am very close to doing the same.  If Nintendo has discontinued the NES Retro, that has made a statement that they want to sell the new system and not cater to the customers willing to pay for retro games.

Offline retro junkie

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
    • Pieces of Me
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2017, 08:53:29 AM »
I have tried to do the emulation thing. It has been many years ago. It just did not do it for me. I found I was missing something. And it was the adventure of sometimes finding titles and "holding it in my hand" side of it. I do have a multi-cart "150 in 1" for the NES. Has most of the good,"I want," games contained in the list. Even with that I still find myself looking and actually purchasing some of those games. I think it is just all a part of the experience for me. As a replacement for that NES mini, AliExpress has one for $71.00. It actually has the 30 games and is totally designed exactly like the mini with even the "Nintendo" name on it. (I wonder...hmmmm) They also have a clone of the NES mini for as low as $30 having 500 games loaded. I might sooner or later go for the 500 one but not right now. I have too many of the individual games I want to get a hold of. My local Game Exchange  is selling the original NES for $74. So that has got me in a mood of wanting. Back when I got my Generation NEX the NES was just too expensive. But recently the price has gotten a bit sweeter. And I have often wondered what the game music is like in some of the games I play. Parodius music is irritatingly distorted on an NES clone. Game is still fun to play. Nintendo and their minis has been like a slap in the face to me. I am not even interested any more.

There is no spoon.