Sega Dreamcast Dreamcast still not dead?!?!?!?!?!

I think that the Dreamcast would have been a success if it had backward compatibility with the Saturn. They would have been able to rely on the older games for a short while so the developers could have some time to develop more games.

MegaDrive20XX said:
The Legend will never die.. 8)

Si'mon. Your candle burned out long ago, mighty Dreamcast, but the legend never did.

I think it might be a combination of Spanish and Brazilian.

Like...Si Mon. :lol

But in all honesty, since there's still Dreamcast games being made here and there, the demand is still very high...at least for current owners.

Si'mon, or si mon. Slang Spanish for "yeah man" or an equivalent. I'm used to saying it.

I'd love a brand new black Dreamcast of Sega decides to manufacture it.

Dart said:
Si'mon, or si mon. Slang Spanish for "yeah man" or an equivalent. I'm used to saying it.

I'd love a brand new black Dreamcast of Sega decides to manufacture it.

i think it's si man xD but it might be from another spanish country

anyway what i really want sega to do right now is develop a sonic adventure 3 and that doesn't suck

Zidart said:
i think it's si man xD but it might be from another spanish country

anyway what i really want sega to do right now is develop a sonic adventure 3 and that doesn't suck

Omg, I want a Sonic Adventure 3 too, but I loved the first too as well.

Strubes said:
Oh, that's a common misconception...it didn't fail in the fans' eyes. Maybe in sales, which I'm assuming you mean, but not in popularity then and now. It just came out at a bad time (Sony Playstation and N64)..it wasn't pushed enough. The Dreamcast probably has more fans than the original Playstation right now.

Do you think it has more fans then the original playstation because there is a ps2 and ps3 and a psp and dreamcast was the last sega console so it has its place in sega fan's hearts and what not.

NickThePunk said:
Do you think it has more fans then the original playstation because there is a ps2 and ps3 and a psp and dreamcast was the last sega console so it has its place in sega fan's hearts and what not.
Fans =/= sales.

http://www.digg.com/gaming_news/Sega_is_NOT_making_a_Dreamcast_2

dead

yes I googled dreamcast 2 just now haha

Whether or not they are making a Dreamcast 2 is irrelevant. They submitted a patent for a new console, and renewed the copyright. That means they are/will be making something in the near future, or they will license the technology to another company.

As for the Dreamcast failing, you can have fans and still fail. If someone loves a specific console, but hears that many third party games are being scrapped, they may hold out to see if the rumors are true. All the while developers are seeing falling sales and place games on hold. The result? A popular console failing commercially.