Sega Saturn Resident Evil on Saturn?

Joined Jun 2007
10 Posts | 0+
I was interested in getting a copy of this on Saturn. How does it compare to the Playstation version? I've seen on ebay that they go for $20-$50 is it worth that much?

It's worth that much because it's a little more rare than the PS1 version. It's the exact same thing except with slightly lower graphics, I believe. But being a huge RE fan and all, I say get it.

NEOshawnGEO said:
I was interested in getting a copy of this on Saturn. How does it compare to the Playstation version? I've seen on ebay that they go for $20-$50 is it worth that much?

i bought mine new for $35 and it was worth every cent. i like using the saturn's d-pad for RE. using the PS1 d-pad will make your thumbs raw after a while. personally, i like the Saturn version best.

check out this website for a decent side by side comparison of the two: http://www.stevemv.com/re.html

The only major addition I liked about the Saturn version, was the survival mode and a funny "What if" scenario by seeing a Wesker Zombie. Plus Chris's game had a hidden surprise after you fought the Tyrant..

Wesker zombie
would have screwed up the series. Thank god it's only a what if situation. It's still awesome.

Looks like a big difference. Either way, I wouldn't mind playing this version.

Oh and I just remembered, Chris gets a special STARS Combat Armor suit in this version.

The PC Edition of RE1, actually has an Uzi gun as a bonus!