part of lil story I started writing today that I prolly won'r finish lol

Joined Jun 2011
612 Posts | 0+
Winnipeg, Manitoba
The lights were quite bright enough for the large teepee-like dwelling...the entire room was well lit. He sat there on the cushion on the floor quietly watching her move around the room. He played carelessly with the piece of grass between his fingers, folding it, unfolding it, ripping it lengthwise into shreds.
Finally, he worked up the nerve to ask her the question that had been pressing on his mind for so long. Taking a deep breath he looked up at her longing for answers, and asked, "Why did you make me? For what purpose was I created?"

She froze. Her back to him, he just waited patiently for her answer. Whatever it was, he needed to hear it. He needed to know.

Finally, after what seemed an eternity she turned to him and said, "There are so many of us, and so few of you. I wanted to experience what it was like to see the world through your eyes. To see how you would interact with your environment. To see you change and grow. I was curious."

He looked down at the shredded grass in his fingers....he had figured the answer might be something like this, but even though expected, even though he had prepared his heart for it, he felt disappointed deep inside. This was all he was, some experiment? Alone, noone else out there like him.

He looked back up at her. She would have probable been wringing her hands together awaiting his reaction to her answer, if she could have. Instead she held her hands interlocked patiently. Every cold metal finger folding between another, perfectly, precisely...just like always.

He felt a lump forming in his throat. He stood up abruptly. He needed air or something. He pulled the cloth flap back that opened the door into the outside world and walked out of the tent. He heard her call after him, "Gamma? Gamma? Are you going to be processing this information in a beneficial way?"

He did not bother to reply. If she could worry, then she was worrying. He wondered how many years she had worked at experimenting with different compounds and substances and environments to find a way to grow a human. In a way he felt guilty for being upset. She had spent almost all of her existence trying to make him. He was her life's work.

The feelings inside of him were confusing. He looked down at his soft white skin...so different from everyone else's hard metal exterior. Was he bitter? Grateful? He ran his fingers through his hair and looked longingly up at the sky. Then, slowly he turned and went back into his dwelling. Whoever she was....his designer, his mother, his sister, his friend,...it was al so muddled and unclear...but whoever she was...she was waiting. Studying his every reaction and move, trying to comprehend his humanity.

Gelfwings said:
The led lights were quite bright enough for the large teepee-like dwelling...the entire room was well lit. He sat there on the cushion on the floor quietly watching her move around the room. He played carelessly with the piece of grass between his fingers, folding it, unfolding it, ripping it lengthwise into shreds.
Finally, he worked up the nerve to ask her the question that had been pressing on his mind for so long. Taking a deep breath he looked up at her longing for answers, and asked, "Why did you make me? For what purpose was I created?"

She froze. Her back to him, he just waited patiently for her answer. Whatever it was, he needed to hear it. He needed to know.

Finally, after what seemed an eternity she turned to him and said, "There are so many of us, and so few of you. I wanted to experience what it was like to see the world through your eyes. To see how you would interact with your environment. To see you change and grow. I was curious."

He looked down at the shredded grass in his fingers....he had figured the answer might be something like this, but even though expected, even though he had prepared his heart for it, he felt disappointed deep inside. This was all he was, some experiment? Alone, noone else out there like him.

He looked back up at her. She would have probable been wringing her hands together awaiting his reaction to her answer, if she could have. Instead she held her hands interlocked patiently. Every cold metal finger folding between another, perfectly, precisely...just like always.

He felt a lump forming in his throat. He stood up abruptly. He needed air or something. He pulled the cloth flap back that opened the door into the outside world and walked out of the tent. He heard her call after him, "Gamma? Gamma? Are you going to be processing this information in a beneficial way?"

He did not bother to reply. If she could worry, then she was worrying. He wondered how many years she had worked at experimenting with different compounds and substances and environments to find a way to grow a human. In a way he felt guilty for being upset. She had spent almost all of her existence trying to make him. He was her life's work.

The feelings inside of him were confusing. He looked down at his soft white skin...so different from everyone else's hard metal exterior. Was he bitter? Grateful? He ran his fingers through his hair and looked longingly up at the sky. Then, slowly he turned and went back into his dwelling. Whoever she was....his designer, his mother, his sister, his friend,...it was al so muddled and unclear...but whoever she was...she was waiting. Studying his every reaction and move, trying to comprehend his humanity.
Very nicely written.. Just love the story.. I hope you will share lot more good stories.. Thanks