Post it, It Post, post all you can #2

Status
Closed
I haven't played any of the Jumping Flash games, unfortunately. I hope to acquire them someday to see what all the fuss is about.

Oh dude...we haven't had above zero temps in Minnesota for like 2 months lol. We had a few days last week where it was -40 windchills! Been a crazy horrible winter here.

Man I don't even want to imagine. Missouri has just been fluctuating from like -10 to 20 and I'm so mad about it cause I hate the cold with a passion

I'm in Georgia and we have been having freak weather. Just the past few days we had an ice storm. I had to call in work on Wednesday because my street was covered in like two inches of solid ice.

Just took my old nook color and put Andriod 4.2 on it. It really was a good update to the old Barns & Noble OS. And it expanded the functionality of the ereader. I now have a full fledge tablet. Not as powerful as the modern stuff. But it works great for me.

They had a frost warning last week in Indiana. That's pretty much unheard of for May. I don't live there anymore, but Vegas weather has been mild thus far (only a couple of days over 100 so far). Not looking forward to like July/August when it's at least 110 every day haha.

Dry heat. It's really not that bad. As long as you find some shade and get outta the sun, you'll be ok. The good news is that the golf rates go wayyy down when it gets that hot, so I can go out and play for cheap haha. I'll definitely sweat, but it's not intolerable.

mastermario said:
Dry heat. It's really not that bad. As long as you find some shade and get outta the sun, you'll be ok. The good news is that the golf rates go wayyy down when it gets that hot, so I can go out and play for cheap haha. I'll definitely sweat, but it's not intolerable.

...you always sweat!

Dude its been nothing but 90 degrees and over 80 percent humidity here for the past like two weeks.

Mowing the lawn today had me sweating bullets.

I have been without a laptop for almost two years now. I won a bid over this last weekend on ebay for an IBM thinkpad R60, $9.49. Got it today and am using it now! It is running Linux Mint 16, my favorite OS. I am on cloud 9. It runs so fast and smooth on this laptop. I am soooo satisfied and elated. :)

The laptop is in mint condition, very clean. I have suddenly become attached to it. It does need a battery, but no complaints here, such a deal. ::D

It's amazing what you can still do with 7 year old technology when using Linux as an OS! I was ready to throw my old Core Duo Inspiron in the garbage but I put Ubuntu on it and It works great for mindless surfing, office stuff, dvd player,

I will admit thought I've been shedding a lot of my legacy hardware because of the bottle necks alleviate by technologies like serial ata, pci express, and the clock speeds on the newer ram, not to mention SSD's and raid starting to be a standard

I've been curious about the SSDs. I have even thought about putting one in my PS3 just to see if it would have an effect in the performance.

when considering price vs. performance not enough to make you happy... for the most part. The thing started with a 5400 rpm hdd so swapping to a bigger 7200 is cheap and ideal if you need bigger. the ssd is faster when downloading or updating but the only help you'll get from it is from the newest of games. Theres a few games (skyrim, rage, etc.) that compensate for the ps3 not having enough ram by using the hard drive to cache data. A lot of the lag in skyrim gets cleaned up and rage's textures look (a little) better.

My ps3 has my old (I got a bigger one) ssd in it, my daughter's has a 7200 rpm hdd from a trashed laptop and my son has a stock ps3 his grandmother found at a yardsale. The only thing I noticed was the downloading times but after reading an article on one of those "should I do this" blogs I read about a few games that benefitted and tried a few of them that I had. Rage is still a mess (althought an improved mess) and skyrim did get less laggy but I'd never pay money for an ssd just for the trivial benefits on a few games. when they get cheap or if you've got one laying around it'll be worth it but what would be most beneficial is if one could add RAM!

I started thinking, my ps3 is connected to the internet and skyrim on it has been patched, my son's isn't. I'd bet a lot of the lag difference was fixed when skyrim patched.

I agree with most of what was said about the SSD. A 7,200 RPM drive will give shorter loading times for the PS3. Games that cache data to the drive will benefit even more from the SSD. The cost of an SSD for a console is prohibitive considering the small performance increase.

That all being said, if you happen to get a great deal on an SSD (I have seen 120-256 GB ones below the $90 mark on good sale days), it is a possibility.

Status
Closed