Adventure Games

idk...oblivion is a lot better u might want to just wait to get that

but beyond good and evil, i forgot about that, that game looks awesome

i have it, but never bothered to play it

Hinesmdc said:
idk...oblivion is a lot better u might want to just wait to get that

but beyond good and evil, i forgot about that, that game looks awesome

i have it, but never bothered to play it

IMO Morrowind is way better than Oblivion. Oblivion has better graphics and combat, but if you want a truly deep roleplaying experience Morrowind is the way to go. Many more factions and guilds in Morrowind, plus you can levitate :D

x2 said:
IMO Morrowind is way better than Oblivion. Oblivion has better graphics and combat, but if you want a truly deep roleplaying experience Morrowind is the way to go. Many more factions and guilds in Morrowind, plus you can levitate :D
Agreed.

If you've never played Morrowind before be prepared to be a bit frustrated/intimidated at first. Just picking your character can take a good hour and most likely you will find out faults of your character and decide to make a new one not long after. A few tips I can give you right off the bat are; only take one weapon type as a major or minor skill, for example don't try take both long and short blade, just take one. Secondly, only take one armour type, preferably either "light" armour or "heavy" armour as those are the best. You probably don't want to take a lot of magic to begin with either, so leave skills like "conjuration" and "destruction" alone for your first character. Another thing you may find a bit weird at first is combat. Combat is really dependent on skill level, so for example if you try to kill an enemy with a long sword and your "long blade" skill is only at 10 or 15, it will barely hit the enemy, even though you are swinging right at him! That is why you will want to put your weapon skill as a major, so it starts out high. I can help out more once you start the game too, so feel free to ask :)

Hinesmdc said:
i got jade empire

IT'S HARD!!!
Uhhh...what difficulty level are you playing on?

It's like the easiest game in existence, on the normal difficulty level, and even the hardest difficulty level was not that bad, for me.

Hinesmdc said:
yeah i was playing it like it was a zelda game

doesnt work that way
Yeah, so just use this strategy. Run up to someone, mash the A button, and dodge out of the way, after you finished the attack. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Hinesmdc said:
for an rpg, this game is awfully linear and repetitive.
I suppose you were expecting Oblivion, or Fable? Most RPG's aren't anything like them. In fact, the majority are rather linear.

As for repetitive, the combat sure as hell is, at least in Jade Empire.

Homicidal Cherry53 said:
I suppose you were expecting Oblivion, or Fable? Most RPG's aren't anything like them. In fact, the majority are rather linear.

As for repetitive, the combat sure as hell is, at least in Jade Empire.

i was talking about any rpgs! in jade empire, you walk down a path, kill some things, continue

mass effect better not be like this