Scratched disc solution!

Joined Jan 2007
10K Posts | 0+
Ok, so I have been pretty upset, as my Halo 2 disc was scratched by my friends Xbox 360, and it had a scratch all the way around. I looked up a solution, and I read that rubbing toothpaste on the back of the disc (to fill in the cracks, i suppose?) will fix the disc. Alas, I rubbed some Crest on the back of the disc, and wiped it off, and the disc works like brand new! I also read that you can use orange juice, peanut butter, hair gel, and a banana.

NOTE - I'm not talking about my Halo 3 disc, as that is being replaced for free by Microsoft and their Scratched Discs Program.

disc_scratch.jpg

Yeah, someone posted about this a couple years ago. It really works too. At least the tooth paste.

Um, I tried this on a very badly scratched Vice City disc and to my surprise it seems to have worked :eek: Thanks!

Homicidal Cherry53 said:
Wow, that's crazy. I would think those little crystals in the toothpaste would just scratch it more.

It's the basic white toothpaste. Not the stuff with those sand blast-type crystals in it.

Dart said:
It's the basic white toothpaste. Not the stuff with those sand blast-type crystals in it.

Yeah, like this:

linoleum-toothpaste.jpg

Works like a charm, played my Halo 2 disc all of last night with my bud and some today.

Dart said:
Oh, okay, that makes a bit more sense. Rubbing a bunch of quartz fragments on the disc probably wouldn't work too well.

I rubbed crest on the one of my games that wouldn't even get to the main menu and now it works flawlesslly. It really works.

fhqwhgads said:
I'm not sure it's possible to rub toothpaste wrong...

It's possible that you cleaned it off wrong, with the wrong kind of cloth, or used the wrong type of toothpaste. Worked fine for me and a lot of others.

Cleaned it with a scratch preventing cloth(mainly used for computer screens), used toothpaste with no crap in it, used only enough toothpaste to lightly coat it.

Well..Baiten Kaitos was for the Cube right? Maybe that's your problem. :lol