what was the date the Last Neo Geo game came out ...?

Joined May 2004
13K Posts | 1+
Indiana
and no more AES games were going to be made?

Do you know the date of the FINAL Neo Geo game announcement? and when the final Neo Geo game came out?

Also, what date did SNK close?

thanks,
†B†V† :hat

7-15-04 is when it came out..Samurai Shodown V Special

I'm not too sure on exact dates with the other questions though.

I am going to add those dates to the calendar.... just for historical purposes :)

Including all the games released by SNK playmore...etc...

I will add more things as well.... I think it would be cool to populate the calendar more and have tons of events for people to go back and look at, you know?

anyone else know?

maaayybbee :D

I did add the sam sho 5 release date to the calendar.
Wouldn't it be cool to get tons of release dates on the calendar from the past as well?

Well, SSVSpecial was indeed the final AES release... however, due to the whole fiasco over the violence level (which was set to 1 after the the Nagasaki Incident), and the recall that later occured (you had the option of returning your cart to SNK to have them adjust the violence level up to 3)... it's rather hard to pin an exact date on it.

Kiken said:
Well, SSVSpecial was indeed the final AES release... however, due to the whole fiasco over the violence level (which was set to 1 after the the Nagasaki Incident), and the recall that later occured (you had the option of returning your cart to SNK to have them adjust the violence level up to 3)... it's rather hard to pin an exact date on it.

Wow. I didnt know you can do that to any game.

Kiken said:

well... whats the exact date that it was released the 1st itme? not counting the recall :)

we'll just use that.

And do you know the exact date that the original SNK went bankrupt?

Bluevoodu said:
well... whats the exact date that it was released the 1st itme? not counting the recall :)

we'll just use that.

And do you know the exact date that the original SNK went bankrupt?

SNK ceased to be on October 22, 2001.

this article has all the dates in it...very well written article.. http://www.gamespot.com/features/6089278/

According to www.neo-geo.com, Samurai Showdown/Spirits Zero/V Special (jeez, enough slashes in there?) was released on July 9th of 2004.

crazy, eh?

Its already been 1 year since the last Neo game came out :(

BV :hat

Dr_Ackula said:
SNK ceased to be on October 22, 2001.

this article has all the dates in it...very well written article..  http://www.gamespot.com/features/6089278/
whoa! Thanks man! I never did see this.

BV :hat