Is Luigi's Mansion any good?

Bought this yesterday for $15. Can't wait to get back home and play it.

I played it when I was like 5- and got scared :-[ but it was cool. I wish we still had it. Maybe we do? Hmm. Well it was cool.

it's so good that you should take out a loan for scare insurance! That way the burrito king won't take your salsa away! he's scary!! LIKE LUIGI'S MANSION!!

fhqwhgads said:
Controls couldn't be effectively translated.
Are you sure? i bet they could do something.

I would like to see a continuation of this series ...
†B†V† :hat

Bluevoodu said:
Are you sure? i bet they could do something.
Let's look at SM64DS. Missing functions. Now think about a game from the GCN controller. What would it be missing, how important would it be(since SM64 requires minimal buttons)?

Assuming they effectively translate GCN controls to DS, I'm sure Luigi's Mansion is not high up on the to-do list(however awesome it would be).

fhqwhgads said:
Let's look at SM64DS. Missing functions. Now think about a game from the GCN controller. What would it be missing, how important would it be(since SM64 requires minimal buttons)?

Assuming they effectively translate GCN controls to DS, I'm sure Luigi's Mansion is not high up on the to-do list(however awesome it would be).

when there's a will there's a way. (or something like that XD)

Zidart said:
when there's a will there's a way. (or something like that XD)
I agree. They may not be the same, but would be comparable.

And I meant I'd like to see a continuation of the series on the Wii.

fhqwhgads said:
I'd prefer a successfully mapped sequel than a crappily controlled port.

it is possible but not probable but even if it was not a sequel i am pretty sure they can figure something out

fhqwhgads said:
I'd prefer a successfully mapped sequel than a crappily controlled port.
Which is what I am talking about :)

I bet they make a new one at some point. The game sold relatively well... and it seems to be picking up popularity again.

I want to see a DS pikmin...

kongking948 said:
Its a very.. unique game.. Rented it a while ago, quite fun!
I agree...

Anyone else dig Luigi's Mansion? Care to provide your opinions?

Well what I liked about Luigi's Mansion is that it felt very pure. I don't know how else to describe it. It was a game that felt like a game. It's the kind of game you play and remember why you started playing games in the first place. It was short, but it was like they took all the inefficient fluff out and left only what matters.

Mai Valentine said:
Well what I liked about Luigi's Mansion is that it felt very pure. I don't know how else to describe it. It was a game that felt like a game. It's the kind of game you play and remember why you started playing games in the first place. It was short, but it was like they took all the inefficient fluff out and left only what matters.
I agree... and the colors and ghosts were done right!

I think the dust flying in front of the flashlight is rather cool :lol That may be a small detail, but it is cool :)

Hm... Maybe I'll pick this game up if I ever see it for cheap. Sounds like a lot of people love it.

I've put this off for far too long. :lol

I'm picking this up next weekend. :)

Lol I do remember when we had this game... But when I was a lot younger, like, 6, i was scared of the ghosts... lol this is a good game.